Old October 12th 16, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battersea extension

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 13:32:01 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:11:55 on Wed, 12 Oct
You're right, I have no idea.

.... I expect we can at least agree it's not a physical server.

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Who cares. I'm wondering if you know the
difference between a server program and a server, virtual or physical.

Why do you assume I am conversant with the operational setup of a free
news service based in the netherlands?

By examining their headers.

I don't give a ****, you're the one who's bothered about it.

Interestingly through your domain name I've just found out your wifes name,
your home address and what car you drive.

Blue Saab? No not any more.

Indeed not. ITYF streetview has been updated recently.

Thats not a clever thing to allow these days.

Don't be too quick to admit to stalking me. In any event with the same

Don't flatter yourself. If you put your home address in a public repository
that can be accessed by anyone with half a clue then more fool you. Anyone with
any sense registers their domain at their accountants address or failing that a
P.O Box.

--
Spud

Old October 12th 16, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:48:38 on Wed, 12 Oct
2016, d remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:11:55 on Wed, 12 Oct
You're right, I have no idea.

.... I expect we can at least agree it's not a physical server.

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Who cares. I'm wondering if you know the
difference between a server program

Obviously, a process running on a host.

and a server, virtual or physical.

A host.

Why do you assume I am conversant with the operational setup of a free
news service based in the netherlands?

By examining their headers.

I don't give a ****, you're the one who's bothered about it.

If you are expert as you claim, one glance would tell all.

Interestingly through your domain name I've just found out your wifes name,
your home address and what car you drive.

Blue Saab? No not any more.

Indeed not. ITYF streetview has been updated recently.

I can see why you think that.

Thats not a clever thing to allow these days.

Don't be too quick to admit to stalking me. In any event with the same

Don't flatter yourself. If you put your home address in a public repository
that can be accessed by anyone with half a clue then more fool you. Anyone with
any sense registers their domain at their accountants address or failing that a
P.O Box.

I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

Old October 12th 16, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:20:03 on Wed, 12 Oct
2016, Basil Jet remarked:
Just curious - does anyone know what form the architecture will take, will it
be like the JLE, crossrail or something completely new? Also I presume the 2
new stations will have platform doors too which I imagine will mean some new
kit on the trains - unless its already installed.

Just a thought... one of the Northern platforms at London Bridge is as
new as the Jubilee extension but doesn't have PEDs. Although perhaps
that is because the existing tunnels could be used for ventilation, so
adding PEDs would not have saved anything.

The ventilation there is partly via the old C&SLR tunnels, but also the
original lift shaft. I've always wondered if that has survived the
recent large amount of rebuilding at ground level (it's outside the
footprint of the NR station).
Old October 12th 16, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:15:12 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
I don't give a ****, you're the one who's bothered about it.

If you are expert as you claim, one glance would tell all.

Really? Well in that case why did you bother to ask in the first place? Make
your mind up.

Indeed not. ITYF streetview has been updated recently.

I can see why you think that.

Yes, its not a blue saab is it.

Don't flatter yourself. If you put your home address in a public repository
that can be accessed by anyone with half a clue then more fool you. Anyone

with
any sense registers their domain at their accountants address or failing that

P.O Box.

I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

One minute you're paranoid about stalking then you're claiming this. Nutters
don't care if you have something to hide or not. Just saying...

--
Spud

Old October 12th 16, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:20:03 on Wed, 12 Oct
2016, Basil Jet remarked:
Just curious - does anyone know what form the architecture will take, will it
be like the JLE, crossrail or something completely new? Also I presume the 2
new stations will have platform doors too which I imagine will mean some new
kit on the trains - unless its already installed.

Just a thought... one of the Northern platforms at London Bridge is as
new as the Jubilee extension but doesn't have PEDs. Although perhaps
that is because the existing tunnels could be used for ventilation, so
adding PEDs would not have saved anything.

The ventilation there is partly via the old C&SLR tunnels, but also the
original lift shaft. I've always wondered if that has survived the
recent large amount of rebuilding at ground level (it's outside the
footprint of the NR station).

The old CSLR station building was demolished within the last few years
However there is now a small free-standing steel rotunda composed
of ventilation grills, as near as I can tell exactly above the lift
shaft (corner of London Bridge Street and the former Railway Approach,
immediately adjacent to the new viaduct span at Borough Market).

Nick
Old October 12th 16, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:48:00 on Wed, 12 Oct 2016,
Nick Leverton remarked:
Just a thought... one of the Northern platforms at London Bridge is as
new as the Jubilee extension but doesn't have PEDs. Although perhaps
that is because the existing tunnels could be used for ventilation, so
adding PEDs would not have saved anything.

The ventilation there is partly via the old C&SLR tunnels, but also the
original lift shaft. I've always wondered if that has survived the
recent large amount of rebuilding at ground level (it's outside the
footprint of the NR station).

The old CSLR station building was demolished within the last few years
However there is now a small free-standing steel rotunda composed
of ventilation grills, as near as I can tell exactly above the lift
shaft (corner of London Bridge Street and the former Railway Approach,
immediately adjacent to the new viaduct span at Borough Market).

Ah-ha! and it's got doors too :-) That probably means you can still go
down the staircase inside, to the platforms (it comes out in one of the
passages about 2/3 way from the bottom of the main escalators to the
platforms). It could even be an emergency exit from the station.

https://goo.gl/maps/24eu1giEQFr

Also associated with Site No 6 on this plan of the wartime air-raid
shelters:

http://www.perry.co.uk/maps/london_b...shelters_1.tif
Old October 13th 16, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

[Roland wrote:]

[...]

Yes, the ARP shelter entrance No.6 was apparently adjacent to 9, London
Bridge Street, but was demolished and capped with concrete during
the 1960s redevelopment of that plot. The associated foot tunnel was
retained for access to the CSLR tunnels via new connecting shafts (the
tunnel rings for these works are dated 1968).

But after 25 years, I don't remember exactly how the various old and new
works join up. I've been looking without success for any plan that might
show all the passages, not just the old tunnels. ISTR the 1960s access
steps came up inside the CSLR booking office, rather than using the lift
shaft itself. http://www.leverton.org/tunnels/cslr/csl3.jpg is taken
from the bottom of the lift shaft and shows the new steps ascending some
yards away, up to the left. Open to correction on the above as always,
and it would indeed be very interesting to know whether and how this
has been retained.

Nick
Old October 13th 16, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:48:38 on Wed, 12 Oct

Don't flatter yourself. If you put your home address in a public
repository
that can be accessed by anyone with half a clue then more fool you. Anyone
with
any sense registers their domain at their accountants address or failing
that a
P.O Box.

I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

I think that's unfair

especially from a person who spends his spare time discussing the minutiae
of Stalker Protection legislation with government

tim

Old October 13th 16, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:43:46 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:48:38 on Wed, 12 Oct

Don't flatter yourself. If you put your home address in a public
repository
that can be accessed by anyone with half a clue then more fool you. Anyone
with
any sense registers their domain at their accountants address or failing
that a
P.O Box.

I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

I think that's unfair

especially from a person who spends his spare time discussing the minutiae
of Stalker Protection legislation with government

I don't think he really gets irony.

--
Spud