Old September 20th 17, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why is the piccadilly line so slow?

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 14:07:03 UTC+1, wrote:

I doubt all the people who get off the picc at finsbury are specifically going
to a victoria line station.

I can imagine someone who lives at Cockfosters and works at Hyde Park Corner travelling Cockfosters - Finsbury Park, FP (Vic) - Green Park and walking.

Old September 20th 17, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:57:41 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:55:41 on
Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Recliner remarked:

The Ongar branch is the same kind of completely different closure as the
'Aldwych Branch'. There's no synergy whatsoever with closing just one
intermediate station on a line that's still operating fully.

The synergy is that they could have slipped it in to the closures list
had they really wanted to close it. But they didn't.

You'll need to cite rather more about the process of closures to make
that opinion stick.

Huh? I'm saying they didn't want to close it, so what has the process
of closures got to do with anything?
Old September 20th 17, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:44:51 on
Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Recliner remarked:

The Ongar branch is the same kind of completely different closure as the
'Aldwych Branch'. There's no synergy whatsoever with closing just one
intermediate station on a line that's still operating fully.

The synergy is that they could have slipped it in to the closures list
had they really wanted to close it. But they didn't.

You'll need to cite rather more about the process of closures to make
that opinion stick.

Huh? I'm saying they didn't want to close it, so what has the process
of closures got to do with anything?

I'm contesting the "could have if they wanted to".

Old September 20th 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017\09\20 14:41, Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 14:07:03 UTC+1, wrote:

I doubt all the people who get off the picc at finsbury are specifically going
to a victoria line station.

I can imagine someone who lives at Cockfosters and works at Hyde Park Corner travelling Cockfosters - Finsbury Park, FP (Vic) - Green Park and walking.

Was that "can" supposed to be "can't"?

Oggy Circus and Victoria are two of the four busiest tube stations:
Waterloo is another, and the easiest route from Cockfosters involves
taking the Vic from Finny P to Oggy C.
Old September 20th 17, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\09\20 14:41, Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 14:07:03 UTC+1, wrote:

I doubt all the people who get off the picc at finsbury are specifically going
to a victoria line station.

I can imagine someone who lives at Cockfosters and works at Hyde Park
Corner travelling Cockfosters - Finsbury Park, FP (Vic) - Green Park and walking.

Was that "can" supposed to be "can't"?

Oggy Circus and Victoria are two of the four busiest tube stations:
Waterloo is another, and the easiest route from Cockfosters involves
taking the Vic from Finny P to Oggy C.

If I'd got a seat on the Picc from Cockfosters, I'd stay seated in
reasonable comfort on the train all the way to Hyde Park corner, rather
than having to stand on a packed Victoria line train from Finsbury Park to
Green Park, and then having a 10 min walk to Hyde Park Corner (maybe in the
rain) that more than wasted the few minutes I'd saved standing on the
Victoria line train.

Old September 20th 17, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 21:12:33 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

If I'd got a seat on the Picc from Cockfosters, I'd stay seated in
reasonable comfort on the train all the way to Hyde Park corner, rather
than having to stand on a packed Victoria line train from Finsbury Park to
Green Park, and then having a 10 min walk to Hyde Park Corner (maybe in the
rain) that more than wasted the few minutes I'd saved standing on the
Victoria line train.

Is this not what this thread is about?
Old September 20th 17, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 21:12:33 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

If I'd got a seat on the Picc from Cockfosters, I'd stay seated in
reasonable comfort on the train all the way to Hyde Park corner, rather
than having to stand on a packed Victoria line train from Finsbury Park to
Green Park, and then having a 10 min walk to Hyde Park Corner (maybe in the
rain) that more than wasted the few minutes I'd saved standing on the
Victoria line train.

Is this not what this thread is about?

Indeed, this is one thread that's not drifted!

Old September 21st 17, 04:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 14:34:39 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:

The working timetables are all online at
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publica...ing-timetables

Krapy Rubsnif to Kings Cross:
Vic = 310 seconds N/B or 315 seconds S/B
Picc = 7.5 minutes N/B or 8 minutes S/B
About 2.5 minutes difference

KX to Green Park:
Vic = 400 seconds N/B or 390 seconds S/B
Picc = 10 minutes N/B or 9.5 minutes S/B
About 3.5 minutes difference

Those are the official times. The OP thinks that Picc trains are running much slower in real life, causing people to bail out at Finsbury.

Does anyone here have Trackernet or a similar program that might give a real, rush hour timing for Picc trains?