Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3rd 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London to Cite Europe - trips via Euroshuttle

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message ,
writes

Hello Roger,

Does anybody know of a firm doing regular trips to Cite Europe

(Calais),
via the Euroshuttle from London or the Croydon area (or perhaps

regularly
from Ashford?).

I realise that a car trip is the best way, but I've never bothered to

take
my driving test, so that is out of the question. I would prefer the
shuttle to the ferry, because it is quicker, but the ferry could be a

last
resort. The only other way is getting the Eurostar to Paris to do some
shopping, but that is rather extreme :-)

I know Stagecoach East London do shopping trips about twice a month but
you have to pre-book them. I keep thinking about doing it just for a
day out although I find the convenience of a car over there very handy
for doing a big shop. Pity I don't have a car these days - perhaps we
could hire one, I'll drive :-)

Interesting, but would probably cost the earth to do so - it would be
cheaper getting a priv to Paris! (which incidentally is something I must
try and sort out if I can tie myself down to a date). I am notorious at
changing my mind at the last moment, for whatever reason, which is why I
much prefer the turn up and go type thing or something cheap that if I do
have to cancel I won't have lost too much money.

Roger