Old May 22nd 04, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Met line timetables

daveb wrote:

In message , dan
writes

Why don't you phone london travel information 020 72221234 . if anyone
knows it will be them...

Yes I can and did for the exact time that I know I will be travelling on
Monday. But as I can work on any day of the week and travel in a fairly
broad time span, it is not very practical to have them read out 20
different train times down the phone.

I have this problem almost every time the twice yearly change happens
and can't understand why London Underground are incapable of getting the
new timetables to the stations (Amersham in my case) in time.

Why don't you use TfL's journeyplanner then???????????
It's on the web, and it works.....
--
Lars Elmvang
Min mailadresse finder du ved kun at skrive det overeksponerede

Old May 22nd 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Lars Elmvang
writes
Why don't you use TfL's journeyplanner then???????????
It's on the web, and it works.....

So I leave work maybe 2 hours later than normal, get stuck on the
Bakerloo line for 10 - 15 mins due to fire alert at Oxford Circus and
have to decide at Regents Park if I should go to Marylebone and get a
Chiltern line or get off at Baker Street and get a Met line.

Is this where I get out my non-existent laptop and log on to LUL's
non-existent WiFi network to use the journey planner?

--
Dave B
Old May 22nd 04, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Matthew P Jones wrote:
As for the mornings between 7 and 8 I can't see any difference, thus we
could assume the Met services won't change much as they would impact on
the Chiltern services.

Which can only be good news, the more Non-Stop services the better.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see
Old May 22nd 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

daveb wrote:
In message , Lars Elmvang
writes
Why don't you use TfL's journeyplanner then???????????
It's on the web, and it works.....

So I leave work maybe 2 hours later than normal, get stuck on the
Bakerloo line for 10 - 15 mins due to fire alert at Oxford Circus and
have to decide at Regents Park if I should go to Marylebone and get a
Chiltern line or get off at Baker Street and get a Met line.

Is this where I get out my non-existent laptop and log on to LUL's
non-existent WiFi network to use the journey planner?

Instead of being sarcastic, one could plan ahead......

Old May 22nd 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

daveb wrote:

The fact that the stations beyond Moor Park are (I believe) the only
section of the Underground that still issue timetables to the public
make it seem even more incompetent, and this is compounded by the fact
the Chiltern line always have the new ones available about 2 weeks
before the change is due to occur.

Metropolitan Line timetables are occasionally placed in the racks at
Baker Street station. In case you are wondering, there weren't any there
today.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Old May 22nd 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Lars Elmvang
writes
Instead of being sarcastic, one could plan ahead......

I am planning ahead! That's why I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to
get hold of the new timetable and why I started this thread in the first
place.

As I stated earlier my job is not the normal Mon to Fri 9am- 5pm kind,
and using the journey planner by typing in scores of journeys that I
MIGHT end up taking is totally impractical.

The main point I am trying to get across here, is that as always, LUL's
main stumbling block is getting information out to it's customers. Take
a look at the examples (not by me I hasten to add) in the May 15 report
at the following address:

www.tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/customer_complaints/

Dave.

--
Dave B
Old May 24th 04, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

daveb ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Has anyone managed to get hold of or seen the new timetable for
Amersham/Chesham Met Line which starts on the 23rd of May?

Plenty at Chorleywood yesterday pm.

If anyone has one of the new ones could you do a quick run down of the
southbound weekday times from Amersham between 7- 8 am for me please.

'erself's got it with her....
Old May 24th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"daveb" wrote in message

Has anyone managed to get hold of or seen the new timetable for
Amersham/Chesham Met Line which starts on the 23rd of May?

As normal the new Chiltern line one is available both on line and from
stations, while the nearest I have seen of the underground version is a
sign stuck on the (normally closed) ticket office at Amersham that
states "no new timetables" The TFL website still has the current version
only for download.

If anyone has one of the new ones could you do a quick run down of the
southbound weekday times from Amersham between 7- 8 am for me please.

Have you tried

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...PDA_PS_REQUEST

Old May 24th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

Have you tried

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...PDA_PS_REQUEST

Thank you. I have just tried it and it works fairly well as a way of
getting the basic times onto my PDA.

I already have a program that gives me more info regarding duration of
journey, arrival time and if it's non-stop or semi fast etc. But that
requires me to enter a lot of the details by hand each time the
timetable changes, which get a bit tedious twice a year.

Do you (or anyone), know if any of the central London underground
stations, are yet hooked up for a wireless connection? I understand this
is one of the enhancements planned system wide for the future.

Dave

--
Dave B