Old May 20th 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How to Tube to this address?

On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:57:13 GMT, CMOT TMPV
wrote:

I'll be coming to the UK again in June/July and my favourite bookstore has
moved to the above address. Where online can I type a London address and
find the nearest Tube stop? And more importantly when I get to the nearest
tube stop, how do I get directions to walk there?

http://www.upmystreet,com/ will give the nearest railway station for
any UK postcode.

Cheers,

Jason.

Old May 20th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

And http://www.upmystreet.com/ will be even more effective

Old May 21st 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote

Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London WC2H 8JR

[...]
I wrote the store via email over two weeks ago and didn't hear back.

They
probably don't deserve my custom, but, well, I need to buy books and

bring
the back home

Murder One (I think it's something like , but I
could be wrong) is much better!

Possibly better but also more expensive for American imports and hc.

I would advise visiting in the order Borders, then Forbidden Planet,
then Murder One basement (which also has a used section, but see below)

Fantasy Centre (157 Holloway Road, London N7 8LX, 020-7607-9433,
Holloway
Road or Highbury & Islington tube). "One of the best selections of
second-hand SF in the country."

--
Mike D

Old May 22nd 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message 01c43ed7$49d05fa0$LocalHost@default, Michael R N Dolbear
writes

Possibly better but also more expensive for American imports and hc.

I would advise visiting in the order Borders, then Forbidden Planet,
then Murder One basement (which also has a used section, but see below)

Fantasy Centre (157 Holloway Road, London N7 8LX, 020-7607-9433,
Holloway
Road or Highbury & Islington tube). "One of the best selections
of
second-hand SF in the country."

I am looking for a DVD called "Wind Talkers" in any region, can anyone
out there help?
--
Clive
Old May 23rd 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive" wrote in message

I am looking for a DVD called "Wind Talkers" in any region, can anyone
out there help?

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000076235

HTH

Ian

Old May 23rd 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive wrote:

I am looking for a DVD called "Wind Talkers" in any region, can anyone
out there help?

Er, someone completely else er, told me, apparently, that apparently, it was
posted to alt.binaries.dvdr apparently, probably last week, according to
someone totally who isn't me. So it would appear, probably. I wouldn't know
of such things. I don't even know what usenet is, so how would I know, old
chap. I mean, what? Eh? You know.
--
Ian Tindale
Old May 27th 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:30:04 +0000 (UTC), "Piccadilly Pilot"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I'll be coming to the UK again in June/July and my favourite bookstore

has
moved to the above address. Where online can I type a London address and
find the nearest Tube stop? And more importantly when I get to the

nearest
tube stop, how do I get directions to walk there?

http://www.upmystreet,com/ will give the nearest railway station for
any UK postcode.

And http://www.upmystreet.com/ will be even more effective

Oops!

Yes - but takes the fun out of it by being far less confusing ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.