Old March 9th 20, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 11:08:17 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:48:43 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:22:10 on Mon, 9 Mar
2020, remarked:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 23:02:47 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/03/2020 12:14,
wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:53:09 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/03/2020 16:44,
wrote:

Yet another long haul? Your carbon bootprint must be coming along
nicely I
imagine.

My other half and I will probably be going to the States later this

year
to visit friends. I *would* row the Atlantic, but I'm a bit out of
practice and I suspect I'd lose puff before I got out of sight of the
land.

Or alternatively don't go. They can't be close friends if they cleared

off

to live 4000 miles away.

Who says they cleared off..? They were born there. What, I can't make
friends with people in other countries now..?

Perhaps you have a different definition of friends. For me a friend is
someone
who I can phone

Apparently, phone wires extend beyond Little England.

and meet down the pub,

That must reduce the available pool significantly

Especially as Neil has previously told us he doesn't drink beer or go to
the pub.

And when did I say that Billy?

Have you forgotten already?

So it would seem. Do enlighten me.

Old March 9th 20, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Billy No Mates wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:22:10 on Mon, 9 Mar
2020, remarked:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 23:02:47 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/03/2020 12:14,
wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:53:09 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/03/2020 16:44,
wrote:

[...]

It was almost two years ago, so no doubt your memory has faded:

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 14:02:07 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 12:56:50 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 11:33:23 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 11:49:00 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 10:48:00 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:
Tbh most pubs these days are now just family (ie you get to enjoy

screaming
kids) restaurants that also have a license. If they couldn't serve booze

doubt it would affect many of them as they can make more profit selling
coffee
for 3 quid a cup. The old style boozer pub is long gone except maybe in a
few
places here and there.

I take it you don't visit Wetherspoon pubs?

No idea. I tend not to take much notice of the bewery name when we drop in.

It's not a brewery.

Fine, I don't take much notice of the conglomorate owners name when we drop

in.

I take it that you're not a beer drinker, then?

Like cigarettes, beer is something that you have to aquire a taste for
because
its so digusting. I never bothered.

Old March 9th 20, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/03/2020 09:22, wrote:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 23:02:47 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/03/2020 12:14,
wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:53:09 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/03/2020 16:44,
wrote:

Yet another long haul? Your carbon bootprint must be coming along nicely I
imagine.

My other half and I will probably be going to the States later this year
to visit friends. I *would* row the Atlantic, but I'm a bit out of
practice and I suspect I'd lose puff before I got out of sight of the land.

Or alternatively don't go. They can't be close friends if they cleared off
to live 4000 miles away.

Who says they cleared off..? They were born there. What, I can't make
friends with people in other countries now..?

Perhaps you have a different definition of friends. For me a friend is someone
who I can phone and meet down the pub, not someone I have to fly miles
to see maybe and shell out a small fortune to do so.

A friend to me is someone I relate to, common interests and such like.
Distance doesn't come into it in the present era of t'interweb. I speak
to my friends in the US on the phone often, and as a result would like
to visit.

I do have friends I can go to the pub with, but that's not my sole
definition of the word.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old March 9th 20, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/03/2020 12:50, Recliner wrote:

Like cigarettes, beer is something that you have to aquire a taste for
because
its so digusting. I never bothered.

I like both, although I was forced to give up smoking due to price, not
for any other reason. I still drink occasionally, but again price has an
effect.

Forcing people to give up what they enjoy by pricing them out of the
market achieves little or nothing except raising tax revenue from the
wealthy, but I'd better shut up or I'll get too political even for this
group.

--
Ria in Aberdeen