Old March 21st 21, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail update

Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Old March 21st 21, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old March 21st 21, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.

Old March 21st 21, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/03/2021 10:57, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.

I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old March 21st 21, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.

I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)

I suppose there must be some good reason why they add irrelevant background music to what are essentially speech videos?
I personally see no value in it, and hate it if the music drowns out the content, but they keep doing it. Why?

Old March 21st 21, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.

I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)

I thought you were a TV cameraman not a lift attendant ?

GH

Old March 21st 21, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.

I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)

I suppose there must be some good reason why they add irrelevant background music to what are essentially speech videos?
I personally see no value in it, and hate it if the music drowns out the content, but they keep doing it. Why?

A question I've spent the last 50 years asking!

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old March 21st 21, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.

It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.

I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)

I thought you were a TV cameraman not a lift attendant ?

It's a tough life being freelance, you take what you can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_UfFe8o2XA

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old March 21st 21, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Thanks. That new lift shaft at Hanwell - talk about a monstrous
carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend. There was no
need for it to have anything above platform height apart from a glass
door facing the tracks. I don't understand this obsession with enclosing
lifts - London Bridge is the same, with shafts polluting the view when
the only places that lifts need to be enclosed is within reach of hands.

Here's another Crossrail update about Acton Main Line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X83GgeloPzU

"We want all our stations to have a common look and feel" - er, why? How
about "if it ain't broke don't fix it". There's nothing wrong with
former Great Eastern stations having a Great Eastern look and former
Great Western statins having a Great Western look, and although Acton
Main Line obviously needed to be rebuilt, there is no virtue in it
looking the same as Custom House.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
2003 - Echoes - The Rapture
Old October 2nd 21, 06:26 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I was at the new Southall Station recently. As was also the case with
the London Overground station at West Hampstead, the original station
entrance has been left abandoned and a completely new and much
larger entrance has been created.

I do wonder if the major motive for these larger premises is to create
space for ticket barriers. Reducing opportunities for fare evasion will
be increasingly important until use of public transport reverts to
pre-Covid levels . . . and there are many who predict it never will.