Old July 12th 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Oyster at Bank

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:09:19 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

How can you get that far without already having passed through barriers?

Maybe they enter at Bank, maybe they got on at Burnt Oak, where the
ticket office is seldom open and the barriers seldom closed...

But surely they should have "touched in" even if the gates are open.

How can they legitimately be at Bank without having touched in
somewhere?

Old July 12th 04, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
DJ DJ is offline

"k" wrote in message

How can you get that far without already having passed through

barriers?

Maybe they enter at Bank, maybe they got on at Burnt Oak, where the
ticket office is seldom open and the barriers seldom closed...

But surely they should have "touched in" even if the gates are open.

How can they legitimately be at Bank without having touched in
somewhere?

As Robin says, by using the mobility-impaired lift down to the DLR
platforms.

DJ.

Old July 12th 04, 12:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
k wrote:
How can they legitimately be at Bank without having touched in
somewhere?

Easily: Leytonstone High Road to Blackhorse Road (via the GOBLIN)
- Kings Cross (Victoria) - Bank (Northern).

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline. If
not, then there are other places where one can change from NR to
LuL behind the gate.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

Old July 12th 04, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:43:08 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow
wrote:

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline. If
not, then there are other places where one can change from NR to
LuL behind the gate.

So why have a specific validator at Bank? And why did it take so long
to get them working?
Old July 12th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 at 12:43:08, Mike Bristow wrote:

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline. If
not, then there are other places where one can change from NR to
LuL behind the gate.

Canning Town springs to mind - and one can change on to the DLR there,
too, behind the gate.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004

Old July 12th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline.
If not, then there are other places where one can change from NR
to LuL behind the gate.

Canning Town springs to mind - and one can change on to the DLR
there, too, behind the gate.

I think that Canning Town has validators on the platform.

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

Would you take the office of relief?:
http://robinmay.fotopic.net/p4600200.html
Old July 12th 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline.
If not, then there are other places where one can change from NR
to LuL behind the gate.

Canning Town springs to mind - and one can change on to the DLR
there, too, behind the gate.

I think that Canning Town has validators on the platform.

I don't *recall* seeing any - but perhaps I didn't look thoroughly?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 12th 04, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
DJ DJ is offline

wrote:

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline. If
not, then there are other places where one can change from NR to
LuL behind the gate.

So why have a specific validator at Bank? And why did it take so long
to get them working?

The validators are there for people who use the mobility impaired lift! The
lift goes straight from street level to the platforms, without the
passengers going through any gatelines, therefore those using the lift and
starting/ending their journey at Bank have to touch in at platform level!

DJ.

Old July 12th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Annabel Smyth wrote:
I don't *recall* seeing any - but perhaps I didn't look thoroughly?

I was going to use Stratford in my example (as you can interchange
between NR and central without going through the gateline, and it's
a more realistic route), but I think there are validators near the
DLR platform.

They can be tricky to spot, I admit.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

Old July 12th 04, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:43:08 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow
wrote:

In article ,
k wrote:
How can they legitimately be at Bank without having touched in
somewhere?

Easily: Leytonstone High Road to Blackhorse Road (via the GOBLIN)
- Kings Cross (Victoria) - Bank (Northern).

There are no validators at Leytonstone High Road and I think the
interchange between GOBLIN and Victoria is behind the gateline. If
not, then there are other places where one can change from NR to
LuL behind the gate.

And there are two validators as you enter the ticket hall from the
footbridge at Blackhorse Road. Anyway Pre-Pay isn't valid on the GOBLIN
line.
--
Paul C

Oyster PAYG Island Gardens via Bank to Liverpool Street [email protected] London Transport 35 December 10th 06 08:29 PM
DLR Oyster Readers at Bank: What For? MIG London Transport 5 April 11th 06 01:11 AM
Bank bodies webmaster London Transport 6 August 30th 04 11:39 AM
Morden via the Bank Clive D. W. Feather London Transport 5 January 13th 04 04:30 PM
Getting from Finchley to Bank with no Northern Line Andy Coleman London Transport 5 October 23rd 03 07:43 PM