Old July 16th 04, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube ear damage

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central Line.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 16th 04, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central

Line.

The Tunnel from Colindale to Hendon Central is always a "conversation
killer"

Old July 16th 04, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:28:44 +0100, "John Rowland"

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central Line.

I nominate Jubilee line north of Baker Street. Deaf for hours after
every trip. Fast 'n' very noisy.

--
[Spam received today from
]

--
New ant-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com
Old July 16th 04, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roger the cabin boy" typed

The Tunnel from Colindale to Hendon Central is always a "conversation
killer"

Yebbut I can hold my breath for the full length of that tunnel (63
seconds, unchanged by changes in stock in 1972 & 1995...) which might
protect my ears ;-)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old July 16th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Absolutely agree. What's more is that it's been like that for years as far
as I'm aware.

Also there's a section on the Northern line, northbound, somewhere between
Warren Street and Camden Town (not sure where) that seems to be quite
screechy on occasion.

Personally I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up sooner.

Alan

Old July 16th 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central Line.

I feel Sorry for the poor people like me that spend upto 8hrs a day driving them.
Old July 16th 04, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 at 09:01:42, Rob wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central Line.

I feel Sorry for the poor people like me that spend upto 8hrs a day
driving them.

Are you issued ear-protectors?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 16th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Jul 2004 09:01:42 -0700 Rob said...

I feel Sorry for the poor people like me that spend upto 8hrs a day driving them.

At least you're protected by health & safety at work laws. The poor
passenger like myself could take the issue up with the the relevant
authorities, though the issue we're discussing is widespread and there is
no apparent solution to the problem.

Back in 2001 I had cause to complain to LUL about excessive noise on the
Bakerloo line. The following link will reveal the archived thread on
Google:

http://tinyurl.com/578rh

As it happened I complained to the Environmental Health people at Lambeth
Council who in turn took the matter with the Health & Safety Executive.
Complaining to LUL direct on the other hand fell literally on deaf ears
(sorry for the Pun).

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old July 16th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:00:11 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 at 09:01:42, Rob wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central Line.

I feel Sorry for the poor people like me that spend upto 8hrs a day
driving them.

Are you issued ear-protectors?

....to go with your dust masks?
Old July 17th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Colum Mylod
writes
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:28:44 +0100, "John Rowland"

Personally, I've never found the Victoria line as bad as Bank Central Line.

I nominate Jubilee line north of Baker Street. Deaf for hours after
every trip. Fast 'n' very noisy.

--
[Spam received today from
]

I would suggest a Metropolitan set when you are above the air compressor
and it is one of the ones which needs a bit of oil and new bearings, not
only is the noise oppressive, but the vibration!
--
John Alexander,

Pig's Ear eastender London Transport 6 December 9th 07 01:37 PM
My pigs-ear of a post concerning Zone 6 Mizter T London Transport 1 November 11th 05 03:45 AM
Tunnel damage Robin Mayes London Transport 49 July 23rd 05 09:55 PM
'Structrual damage' at Baker Street AM Friday 11th Feb Martin J London Transport 4 February 14th 05 06:10 PM
More heat damage Matthew Malthouse London Transport 2 August 7th 03 07:41 AM