Old August 9th 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking in Mayfair

Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Thanks!

LF

Old August 9th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 at 18:14:42, Liddle Feesh wrote:

Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Or parking meters. You'd do better to drive to your nearest station,
even if not very local, and come in on the train. Or drive to a Tube
station on the outskirts of London and park there for the day. Probably
work out cheaper, AND you wouldn't have to pay the congestion charge.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 7 August 2004 - for a limited time, be bored by my holiday
Old August 9th 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Depends where you are coming from, drive to a tube station outside london,
park, then tube in.

--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.

Old August 9th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local

train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Depends where you are coming from, drive to a tube station outside london,
park, then tube in.

Hmmm, I'm coming from the West - down the M3 or the M4. Any ideas? I don't
think I can park at Waterloo...

LF

Old August 9th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Liddle
Feesh writes
"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local

train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Depends where you are coming from, drive to a tube station outside london,
park, then tube in.

Hmmm, I'm coming from the West - down the M3 or the M4. Any ideas? I don't
think I can park at Waterloo...

LF

Park at Hounslow West - 10 mins from J3 of the M4.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this

Old August 9th 04, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
18:14:42 on Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Liddle Feesh remarked:
Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Park at the underground car park on Park Lane underneath Hyde Park. It's
pretty easy to get to from the M40 - via A40(M) and Lancaster Gate.
Old August 9th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Thanks!

LF

Parking meters in Mayfair are £4 an hour and its just in the congestion
zone..

Old August 10th 04, 01:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fossil" wrote in message
"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local

train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Thanks!

LF

Parking meters in Mayfair are £4 an hour and its just in the congestion
zone..

Thanks all to the advice.

I'm coming from Farnborough, and I'll be travelling with a couple of heavy
bags for a presentation. I actually did a reccé trip tonight, the traffic
wasn't bad, but it wasn't rush hour. There was a set of parking meters there
for £4 for one hour, just as you said.

I'm planning on driving in - and getting there very early. Am also
considering possibly taking the train - but don't want to mess about with
the underground, etc - on a hot day and I also have other places I need to
go (outside of London).

I'm suprised there isn't a decent multistorey nearby. Or is there? (NCP
anybody?)

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Old August 10th 04, 04:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
02:27:03 on Tue, 10 Aug 2004, lid remarked:
I'm suprised there isn't a decent multistorey nearby. Or is there? (NCP
anybody?)

Most of the car parks are underground (rather than overground). The one
under the Park is by far the cheapest though.

If you type "NCP Mayfair" into Google you get one two blocks south of
Grosvenor Sq. It would appear to be under the Millennium Hotel.

Type W1K 2HP into:

http://www.ncp.co.uk/page.aspx?theLa...nterID=CARPARK

1 Hour £ 5.50
1 to 2 Hours £ 10.00
2 to 4 Hours £ 20.00
4 to 6 Hours £ 27.50
6 to 24 Hours £ 38.50

And you'll need to pay the Congestion Charge too.
Old August 10th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Thanks!

LF

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/roadsa...park/index.cfm
lists all of the council run car parks in the area, and will details
the Park Lane car park, outside the C-Zone.