Old August 17th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default LU driver's managers told him to stop assisting stab victim

In ,
Peter Masson typed:
"David Jackson (another one)" wrote in
message ...

I have been told that if you run over and injure a cat, you are legally
obliged to render first aid. It seems a little odd that you don't have to
assist a human, but you do an animal.

But you don't have to report the accident (to the owner of the cat or the
Police). You do have to report the accident if you injure a person, or a
dog.
Peter

This is true. What I find interesting is the obligation to assist an injured
cat. Is this just a myth, or is it really the case that an injured cat has
more rights when it comes to obtaining assistance that an injured human?

--
David Jackson in the Roman auxiliary fort of Condate
Now known as Northwich Cheshire

Old August 17th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Boscastle

"Tony Day" wrote in message ...

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

David E. Belcher
Old August 17th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"David Jackson (another one)" wrote in
message ...

This is true. What I find interesting is the obligation to assist an

injured
cat. Is this just a myth, or is it really the case that an injured cat

has
more rights when it comes to obtaining assistance that an injured human?

Protection of Animals Act 1911. It is a criminal offence to cause by any act
or omission any unnecessary suffering to an animal.
Although there doesn't appear to be any comparable criminal liability in the
case of failing to assist an injured human, there may be a civil liability
if the Court held at Common Law that you owed a duty of care - in other
words, render assistance and risk being sued if your well-meaning assistance
actually makes matters worse, or desist from rendering assistance and risk
being sued.
Catch 22.
Peter

Old August 17th 04, 09:09 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

No, head of *government*. HRH is Head of State.

I think you mean HM. The Prince of Wales is not yet Regent:-)
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm

Old August 17th 04, 09:40 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"David E. Belcher" wrote in message
om...
"Tony Day" wrote in message

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

Would that be another free holiday for him and his family?

Old August 18th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote in message ...

Indeed, but I have always felt so sorry for those who have suffered a
disaster and then have to smile for the cameras when a head of
government or head of state visits them.

"So, Mrs Wombiquangle, your entire family has been wiped out, your
home destroyed, and your budgie is still missing? But aren't you
pleased that Fatty Prescott has come to stare at you?"

Remember to carry a card with you at all times, saying that you don't
want Cherie Bliar to visit you in hospital if you are seriously ill.

ZTW
Old August 18th 04, 06:53 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Fearty
writes
if I did help them and made their situation worse i.e paralysed them,
then they would be perfectly entitled to sue me even though I was only
genuinely just trying to help.

As pointed out, with us becoming a more US style sue culture,

Much, if not all, of the US has a "Good Samaritan" law: if you were
genuinely attempting to give help in an emergency, you can't be sued for
the results of your actions.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old August 18th 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Tony Day" wrote in message

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

Would that be another free holiday for him and his family?

Just to go political for a moment, the Indy had a nice cartoon of a
swimming pool and a sign saying "Club Dubya welcomes European members
of the war on terror" or something like that. A long line of empty
deckchairs was relieved by Silvio sitting there and whistling a little
tune while Tony looked around in a nervous manner.

Sam
Old August 18th 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Zak Thargle-Whoosh" wrote in message
om...

Remember to carry a card with you at all times,
saying that you don't want Cherie Bliar to
visit you in hospital if you are seriously ill.

Unless you are in need of an emetic.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 18th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 18 Aug 2004:

"Zak Thargle-Whoosh" wrote in message
. com...

Remember to carry a card with you at all times,
saying that you don't want Cherie Bliar to
visit you in hospital if you are seriously ill.

Unless you are in need of an emetic.

ROTFL!!! :-) Wonderful.....
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)