Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 11th 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default Top up Oyster Prepay - "too many coins"?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 12:36:07 on Wed, 8 Sep
2004, Paul Terry remarked:
a vendor is free to accept or refuse coinage as he or she wishes. In
the lack of any other guidelines I have known several who use "legal
tender" as their own chosen standard, simply to save argument (and the
annoyance of carrying several kilos of change to the bank).

If specified in advance (several bus companies will not give change, for
example, but I don't think I've ever seen one that specified how much
change was unacceptable).

On more than one occasion I've seen people pay on a 'coins in the box'
bus totally in copper. I don't know if they do it as some sort of
protest or if they're a sandwich short of a picnic?

tim