Old September 25th 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New London Connections map...

"david stevenson" wrote in message

I can view and print that, but not download it.

Surely, if you've viewed it then you've downloaded it?

Not necessarily. I think I know what he means: he can open the PDF in
Internet Explorer (in a pseudo-Acrobat Reader window) but he can't save the
file to disk by right-clicking on the link.

Having said that, I was able to save the file to disk without any problem: I
always do that with PDFs because I prefer to view them in proper Acrobat
Reader.

Old September 26th 04, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonn Elledge wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote...
Jonn Elledge wrote:
...shows Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.

Just to clarify for others, we're talking about the ATOC London
Connections map rather than the TfL one. The URL is:
http://nrekb.com/downloads/connections.pdf

Originally the opening date for these two stations was February 2005
(can't remember where I got that from). "Summer" isn't too bad though.
Driving along the West Cross Route last weekend, I did notice that
construction appears to have started in earnest at the White City
development (at last). The slip roads from the A3220 had been in situ
and waiting for traffic for quite a while now!

By the time these stations are opened, they will probably be governed by
TfL in terms of branding (Overground Network) and fares (Tube paper
single tickets already valid between West Brompton & Willesden Jcn).

Am I alone in thinking that the opening of Shepherd's Bush WLL station would
be a good time to rename one or other of the LUL stations?

Am I alone in thinking that Shepherd's Bush Central should be the new
name for Shepherd's Bush (Central Line)?

It's confusing enough having two stations with the same name that don't
provide an interchange (see also Bethnal Green

....where they can repeat the trick!

and Edgware Road);

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

but if only one of them provides an interchange with a third line it could
start to cause problems. An H&C station at White City would make things
even more confusing.

I think the best solution there is to make it one large station.
Old September 26th 04, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Jonn Elledge) wrote:

...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.

Where is Imperial Wharf station going? Is it on the old Chelsea and Fulham
site?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old September 26th 04, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Jonn Elledge wrote:
but if only one of them provides an interchange with a third line it

could
start to cause problems. An H&C station at White City would make things
even more confusing.

I think the best solution there is to make it one large station.

Oh no, I agree that White City should be one station. I just feel that if
from Whtie City you can get trains to two Shepherd's Bush stations, in
different places, only one of which provides interchange with the WLL then
people might get confused.

Jonn

Old September 26th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jonn Elledge) wrote:

...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London
line.

Where is Imperial Wharf station going? Is it on the old Chelsea and
Fulham site?

Chelsea and Fulham what?

If you go to
www.imperialwharf.com, you'll find at least two maps with
the position of the station marked.

E.g. from the home page: Location / Finding Us / [local area map]

Also Imperial Wharf / [site plan]

--
Richard J.

Old September 26th 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jonn Elledge) wrote:

...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London
line.

Where is Imperial Wharf station going? Is it on the old Chelsea and
Fulham site?

Chelsea and Fulham what?

If you go to
www.imperialwharf.com, you'll find at least two maps with
the position of the station marked.

E.g. from the home page: Location / Finding Us / [local area map]

Also Imperial Wharf / [site plan]

There was a station, I think near Chelsea football ground, called Chelsea
and Fulham. This is quite another site by the look of it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old September 27th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Jonn Elledge) wrote:

...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London
line.

Where is Imperial Wharf station going? Is it on the old Chelsea and
Fulham site?

Chelsea and Fulham what?

If you go to
www.imperialwharf.com, you'll find at least two maps with
the position of the station marked.

E.g. from the home page: Location / Finding Us / [local area map]

Also Imperial Wharf / [site plan]

There was a station, I think near Chelsea football ground, called Chelsea
and Fulham. This is quite another site by the look of it.

The football club wants to build a station next door to their site on
the WLL, but they didn't really bother to consult with the SRA or
Network Rail first. See:
http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/89

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old September 27th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Richard J. wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jonn Elledge) wrote:

...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London
line.

Where is Imperial Wharf station going?

If you go to
www.imperialwharf.com, you'll find at least two maps with
the position of the station marked.

Personally, i find that the site's down!

Based on the description "just west of Lots Road", i think the station
would be around TQ262770.

Also, paging Dave Arquati - alwaystouchout's link to the Hansard report of
the relevant debate is broken (or rather, HMSO's site has lost it).
However, you can get a super hypertext version from the wonderful
TheyWorkForYou:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debate...04-02-03.603.5

tom

--
Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear! -- The Doomguy

Old September 27th 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Richard J. wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jonn Elledge) wrote:

...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London
line.

Where is Imperial Wharf station going?

If you go to
www.imperialwharf.com, you'll find at least two maps
with the position of the station marked.

Personally, i find that the site's down!

The link works for me. It redirects to
http://imperialwharf.stgeorgeplc.com/default.asp

Based on the description "just west of Lots Road", i think the
station would be around TQ262770.

Nearer to TQ262767 I think.

Also, paging Dave Arquati - alwaystouchout's link to the Hansard
report of the relevant debate is broken (or rather, HMSO's site has
lost it).

It's because they put the text into "bound volume" format after 6
months. The relevant debate is now at
http://www.parliament.the-stationery...40203-01_sbhd0

However, you can get a super hypertext version from the
wonderful TheyWorkForYou:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debate...04-02-03.603.5

Thanks for that link; I wasn't aware of the site. For a voluntary
effort in people's spare time, it's very impressive.

--
Richard J.

Old September 27th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:

However, you can get a super hypertext version from the
wonderful TheyWorkForYou:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debate...04-02-03.603.5

Thanks for that link; I wasn't aware of the site. For a voluntary
effort in people's spare time, it's very impressive.

The same guys run www.publicwhip.org, which has an interesting "vote map"
showing how close or distant different MPs are in their voting habits. The
site won a New Statesman New Media award earlier this year.

Jonn