Old September 23rd 04, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New London Connections map...

....show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.
___
Jonn Elledge

"Try the new NO CARB diet! No Cheney. No Ashcroft. No Rumsfeld. No Bush. And
definitely no Rice" - badge seen at Democratic Convention, 2004

Old September 23rd 04, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message
...show's Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.

Euch. Apologies for the bad punctuation.

Old September 23rd 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonn Elledge wrote:
...shows Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.

Just to clarify for others, we're talking about the ATOC London
Connections map rather than the TfL one. The URL is:
http://nrekb.com/downloads/connections.pdf

Originally the opening date for these two stations was February 2005
(can't remember where I got that from). "Summer" isn't too bad though.
Driving along the West Cross Route last weekend, I did notice that
construction appears to have started in earnest at the White City
development (at last). The slip roads from the A3220 had been in situ
and waiting for traffic for quite a while now!

By the time these stations are opened, they will probably be governed by
TfL in terms of branding (Overground Network) and fares (Tube paper
single tickets already valid between West Brompton & Willesden Jcn).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old September 23rd 04, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Jonn Elledge wrote:

...shows Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's
Bush on the West London line.

Just to clarify for others, we're talking
about the ATOC London Connections
map rather than the TfL one. The URL is:
http://nrekb.com/downloads/connections.pdf

Thanks, both.

I would love to have been at the meeting where the manager told the graphic
artist to write ATOC in huge letters all over the map.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 23rd 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonn Elledge wrote:
...shows Imperial Wharf and Shepherd's Bush on the West London line.

Just to clarify for others, we're talking about the ATOC London
Connections map rather than the TfL one. The URL is:
http://nrekb.com/downloads/connections.pdf

Originally the opening date for these two stations was February 2005
(can't remember where I got that from). "Summer" isn't too bad though.
Driving along the West Cross Route last weekend, I did notice that
construction appears to have started in earnest at the White City
development (at last). The slip roads from the A3220 had been in situ
and waiting for traffic for quite a while now!

By the time these stations are opened, they will probably be governed by
TfL in terms of branding (Overground Network) and fares (Tube paper
single tickets already valid between West Brompton & Willesden Jcn).

Am I alone in thinking that the opening of Shepherd's Bush WLL station would
be a good time to rename one or other of the LUL stations? It's confusing
enough having two stations with the same name that don't provide an
interchange (see also Bethnal Green and Edgware Road); but if only one of
them provides an interchange with a third line it could start to cause
problems. An H&C station at White City would make things even more
confusing.

Jonn

Old September 23rd 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

Am I alone in thinking that the opening of
Shepherd's Bush WLL station would be a
good time to rename one or other of the LUL stations?

I agree. It would be cheaper to rename the H&C station, because it appears
on enamel signs at fewer stations than the Central one, and I think some of
those signs still refer to the Met and so need to be altered anyway.
Shepherds Bush Market would be a possible name, if a bit long.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 23rd 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

Am I alone in thinking that the opening of
Shepherd's Bush WLL station would be a
good time to rename one or other of the LUL stations?

I agree. It would be cheaper to rename the H&C station, because it
appears on enamel signs at fewer stations than the Central one, and
I think some of those signs still refer to the Met and so need to
be altered anyway. Shepherds Bush Market would be a possible name,
if a bit long.

The problem with that name is that it could equally well apply to
Goldhawk Road station, as the market is next to the H&C viaduct for the
whole distance between the two stations. Shepherd's Bush West?

Alternatively, wasn't there a plan to rename the Central Line station as
Shepherd's Bush Green? In fact, I'm sure I've seen that name on a line
diagram, at Greenford IIRC.

--
Richard J.

Old September 23rd 04, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

Am I alone in thinking that the opening of
Shepherd's Bush WLL station would be a
good time to rename one or other of the LUL stations?

I agree. It would be cheaper to rename the H&C station, because it
appears on enamel signs at fewer stations than the Central one, and
I think some of those signs still refer to the Met and so need to
be altered anyway. Shepherds Bush Market would be a possible name,
if a bit long.

The problem with that name is that it could equally well apply to
Goldhawk Road station, as the market is next to the H&C viaduct for the
whole distance between the two stations. Shepherd's Bush West?

Alternatively, wasn't there a plan to rename the Central Line station as
Shepherd's Bush Green? In fact, I'm sure I've seen that name on a line
diagram, at Greenford IIRC.

I think plans are afoot to rename the H&C station as Shepherd's Bush
West once the WLL station opens with its Central line interchange.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old September 24th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:27:16 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

Just to clarify for others, we're talking about the ATOC London
Connections map rather than the TfL one. The URL is:
http://nrekb.com/downloads/connections.pdf

I can view and print that, but not download it.

Go to http://nrekb.com/maps.htm and scroll down to London Connections.
You can then right-click on either the heading or the thumbnail map, and
select Save Target As...

--
Richard J.

Old September 24th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I can view and print that, but not download it.

Surely, if you've viewed it then you've downloaded it?

--
confguide.com - the conference guide