Old December 3rd 04, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelcard extending?

I buy a weekly 2-6 travelcard, but occasionally want to go to central
London. I believe there is no 'zone 1' only travelcard. What are my options?
Thanks.

Old December 3rd 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"elyob" typed

I buy a weekly 2-6 travelcard, but occasionally want to go to central
London. I believe there is no 'zone 1' only travelcard. What are my
options?
Thanks.

Get your Travelcard on Oyster and add some PrePay?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 3rd 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
A H A H is offline

There is a 'zone 1' only travelcard - I have it on my Oyster card. It is for
tube/rail travel within zone 1 and includes bus travel throughout the whole
of London (zones 1-6).

I suspect many people who travel by bus from zone 2 (in my case Battersea)
to connect with the tube at a zone1 station (e.g. Vauxhall or South
Kensington) are unaware that they only need the zone 1 only Travelcard, not
zones 1&2 as I used to buy....

Have a look here at prices for zone 1 only:
http://sales.oystercard.com/oyster/l...cfhedfjldgfj.0

.uk...

Old December 3rd 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--- Helen Deborah Vecht said...
"elyob" typed

I buy a weekly 2-6 travelcard, but occasionally want to go to

central
London. I believe there is no 'zone 1' only travelcard. What are my
options?
Thanks.

Get your Travelcard on Oyster and add some PrePay?

Two problems:
1. Not much good if you enter zone one by most NR routes.
2. It means you have to get one of those horrible Oyster things.

Old December 3rd 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--- A H top-posted...

There is a 'zone 1' only travelcard - I have it on my Oyster card.

Yes, but judging from the context (see below) Elyob was referring to a
zone 1 One Day Travelcard to supplement his existing weekly travelcard.

.uk...

Old December 3rd 04, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
A H A H is offline

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message

--- A H top-posted...

Are you anally-retentive? It certainly sounds like it.....

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message

--- A H top-posted...

There is a 'zone 1' only travelcard - I have it on my Oyster card.

Yes, but judging from the context (see below) Elyob was referring to a
zone 1 One Day Travelcard to supplement his existing weekly travelcard.

.uk...

Old December 4th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

--- A H asked...

Are you anally-retentive? It certainly sounds like it.....

Ahhh... the delights of civilised Usenet discussion!

Old December 4th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message

There is a 'zone 1' only travelcard - I have it on my Oyster card.

Yes, but judging from the context (see below) Elyob was referring to a
zone 1 One Day Travelcard to supplement his existing weekly travelcard.

Yes, looking to extend my 2-6 travelcard by getting a one day zone 1
travelcard. I don't want an Oyster card.

I did find this by searching a bit more on ticket extensions (wasn't aware
of these).

" Ticket Extensions covering Zone 1 cost £1.40 but are only available from
the machines in Zones 1 & 2. "

So, I have to jump off at Vauxhall rather than carry on to Waterloo?

" A Ticket Extension is valid for up to two hours and is available for one
single journey only in the extra zone or zones."

I don't get that bit? Maybe I'm getting wrong information? I want a whole
day zone extension.

Thanks for help so far. And no more bickering!

Old December 4th 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

elyob wrote:
[...]

Your primary option is a Zone 1-2 Day Travelcard (there's no Z1-only day
travelcard), at £4.30 off-peak. You should be able to buy this at any
station, even if it's outside those zones (showing your Z2-6 will help
convince them you're not being funny).

If you're only visiting a single destination in Z1, then a Z1 extension
for each leg (£2 each way) will be slightly cheaper. The extension cost
you quoted sounds quite out of date.

If you don't mind catching the bus from Vauxhall, you don't need to buy
anything extra; your Z2-6 Travelcard is valid on any bus, and there are
at least ten routes serving Vauxhall bus station (including one to
Waterloo).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 6th 04, 01:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Your primary option is a Zone 1-2 Day Travelcard (there's no Z1-only day
travelcard), at £4.30 off-peak. You should be able to buy this at any
station, even if it's outside those zones (showing your Z2-6 will help
convince them you're not being funny).

If you're only visiting a single destination in Z1, then a Z1 extension
for each leg (£2 each way) will be slightly cheaper. The extension cost
you quoted sounds quite out of date.

If you don't mind catching the bus from Vauxhall, you don't need to buy
anything extra; your Z2-6 Travelcard is valid on any bus, and there are
at least ten routes serving Vauxhall bus station (including one to
Waterloo).

The no 77 goes to Waterloo.. only take bus if you have time to waste as you
have to wait ages for one to arrive.