Old December 20th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus fare increases

With the increase of bus fares in the new year, I'm thinking of buying a
load of Bus Saver tickets while they're still at their current price. Does
anybody know if the design of the Bus Saver tickets will change in the New
Year to reflect the new prices (making current tickets invalid) or will we
still be able to use the existing tickets.

Thanks.

Old December 20th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Even if they do change the design, you will still be entitled to use any
saver tickets purchased at the old price after the fare increase. How many
shops will sell at one go, I don't know.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old December 21st 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message
Even if they do change the design, you will still be entitled to use any
saver tickets purchased at the old price after the fare increase. How many
shops will sell at one go, I don't know.

--
Lawrence Myers

So you think shops will keep hold of the tickets to sell them on at greater
profit in the New Year ? (wouldn't surprise me)

I tried a shop in the City today and he sold me 1 booklet. Then went home
and my local newsagents sold me 10 packs. He's got plenty left as well.
Asked him if the tickets will still be usable in the New Year and he said it
should be OK. Should I get more ?

I also noticed that the tickets bought in the City has the London
Underground symbol embossed on them whereas from my local shop, the tickets
are smooth. Any ideas why they are different ?

Thanks

Old December 22nd 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:58:43 -0000, "?uzzled" wrote:

With the increase of bus fares in the new year, I'm thinking of buying a
load of Bus Saver tickets while they're still at their current price. Does
anybody know if the design of the Bus Saver tickets will change in the New
Year to reflect the new prices (making current tickets invalid) or will we
still be able to use the existing tickets.

There's nothing to stop TfL withdrawing the tickets - the happened
with the bus saver card (forget the exact name) some years ago.

This ticket was a 'failure' due to the bus drivers being required to
'clip' the ticket to show it'd been used - in my experience most
driver looked at the ticket in a confused state and just handed it
back!

--
Cheers,

Jason.
Old December 23rd 04, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just tried to buy 10 books but was told I could only buy 3 maximum. Then
went to a different newsagent's and was told only 1 per customer.

Thomas

Old December 23rd 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Thomas
writes

Just tried to buy 10 books but was told I could only buy 3 maximum. Then
went to a different newsagent's and was told only 1 per customer.

You've possibly left it a bit too late. I had no difficulty buying ten
books a month or two ago.

--
Paul Terry