Old January 16th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Madness

Dave Arquati wrote:

All-zones ODTC with a Young Persons Railcard discount.

Wow, I didn't realize you could do this. And for just 10p more than a
R12 ODTC too. Can you do the same with the 3-day Travelcard?
--
Michael Hoffman

Old January 16th 05, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

StaticFish wrote:
The nearest newsagents is a long way from my Univeristy in Roehampton
Lane.

Everest Convenience Stores, 2-3 Aubyn Square, Roehampton Lane, SW15 5NT

Just up the road. Found using http://www.tfl-ticketlocator.co.uk/.

HTH

--
Mark Etherington

Old January 16th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Madness OT

StaticFish wrote:

2) Actaully smartarse, It used to be Roehampton Instutute, but as of
around 2000 it has University status. I do a computer programing
course. A seperate cambus from the teaching section. so Shhh

My point exactly - it was renamed as a university when labour devalued
degrees by converting polys into universities and giving them degree
awarding powers.

Old January 16th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

All-zones ODTC with a Young Persons Railcard discount.

Wow, I didn't realize you could do this. And for just 10p more than a
R12 ODTC too. Can you do the same with the 3-day Travelcard?

I'm not sure... I'd guess not, but I don't really have any evidence for
that.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 16th 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

StaticFish wrote:
It's still a degree, it's a "proper" University, and you're an

arrogant
arse-hole

Yes it is a degree and yes Roehampton does seem to be one of the better
new universities (number 64 in the times online league tables)

The fact still remains that students of computing at Roehampton are
only required to get 200 UCAS points (thats a C and 2 D's at A level)

Old January 17th 05, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:34:22, StaticFish wrote:

It's still a degree, it's a "proper" University, and you're an arrogant
arse-hole

As much use as an 11-plus these days.

In the days when the top 8% of A-level candidates got an A, and the top
10% of Uni entrants escaped with a First, employers could reasonably
decide those who could 'cut the mustard' out of any one year's
prospective employees.

With at least 50% getting a blanket 'In the top echelon' badge these
days, no wonder there is some cynicism abroad.

What's worse, there seems very little vocational training available for
14+ year-olds who are not academic. This maybe why we have so many
chavs on the streets, and such a paucity of trained engineers (lowercase
to stop offending some IEEE members) / mechanics / technicians / etc.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.