Old January 16th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Madness

I feel like another moan. Here goes.

At the moment, Oyster cards are completly useless. I am a University
student, and once or twice a week take a trip from Putney or
Hammersmith into Central. With Oyster it costs me 80p or £1 to get the
bus to either of these two stations, and a further £1.80 - £2 (or
something) for the two Tube singles. I am also highly likely to need a
bus or further single when in the capital. This brings me up to well
over £6

Why on earth can't the LU fascists get their act together and make sure
if i spend over £4.70 (a student z123456 day travelcard) it defaults
to a "day travelcard mode" and dosnt slap any more unnessesery fee's on
the Oyster.

Question: The Technology is already here (with the system knowing when
and where we have traveled and how much we have paid), why can't they
just enable this feature to save us a wadd of cash
Sorry if i'm getting boring with the moans
Dan

Old January 16th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

StaticFish ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

I am a University student

the LU fascists
if i spend
dosnt slap any more unnessesery fee's on
wadd of cash
Sorry if i'm getting boring with the moans

Somehow, I don't doubt that you're a student for one second...

Proof, if more were needed, that academic standards are not what they were.
Old January 16th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for the useful and informative reply Adrian.

I understand that you maybe feeling a little agreived that you are no
longer of student age, and bladder holding age, but please try and be a
little less condescending in future

Old January 16th 05, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

And remember the Queens English is a constantly evolving thing......Try
reading Sammy Pepys original script and comparing it to....hmmmmm lets see
now......Salman Rushdie perhaps...and see how ye go ??

Old January 16th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

StaticFish wrote:
I feel like another moan. Here goes.

At the moment, Oyster cards are completly useless. I am a University
student, and once or twice a week take a trip from Putney or
Hammersmith into Central. With Oyster it costs me 80p or £1 to get
the bus to either of these two stations, and a further £1.80 - £2
(or something) for the two Tube singles. I am also highly likely to
need a bus or further single when in the capital. This brings me up
to well over £6

So why not buy a day Travelcard on your Oyster at your local ticket
agent before you start your journey?

--
Richard J.

Old January 16th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alek" wrote in message

And remember the Queens English is a constantly evolving thing

That's as maybe, but in the case of the OP, it is a constantly *wrong*
thing!

Ian

Old January 16th 05, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The nearest newsagents is a long way from my Univeristy in Roehampton
Lane.

You can stick a day student travelcard onto an oyster card? I didn't
know about this. You certainly can't do this at the top up machines.

Old January 16th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
StaticFish wrote:
Why on earth can't the LU fascists get their act together and make sure
if i spend over £4.70 (a student z123456 day travelcard) it defaults
to a "day travelcard mode" and dosnt slap any more unnessesery fee's on
the Oyster.

Question: The Technology is already here (with the system knowing when
and where we have traveled and how much we have paid), why can't they
just enable this feature to save us a wadd of cash

They plan to, when the feature works!

Of course, it's just a Small Matter Of Programming, so I'm sure it'll be along
any decade now.

--
Mike Bristow - really a very good driver

Old January 16th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"StaticFish" wrote the following in:
ups.com

The nearest newsagents is a long way from my Univeristy in Roehampton
Lane.

You can stick a day student travelcard onto an oyster card? I didn't
know about this. You certainly can't do this at the top up machines.

I didn't think there was any such thing as a student day travelcard.
Why do you think there is?

--
message by Robin May. That egotism was getting old.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Old January 16th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

1) You can't get a student day travelcard. The TFL student card lets
you get 7day and longer travelcards at the "discount" rate although if
you buy an annual "discount" travelcard you don't get the gold card
benefits

2) The University of Roehampton is not really a university it's a
renamed teaching college