Old January 28th 05, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Last day of Routemasters on the 36

.... and I went to work on one at lunchtime. The conductor declared
herself to be 'on strike' and refused to collect fares. All major
bus stations were overrun with bus spotters with cameras.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"The guilty party was the Liberal Democrats and they were hardened offenders,

Old January 29th 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Boothroyd wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 28 Jan 2005:

... and I went to work on one at lunchtime. The conductor declared
herself to be 'on strike' and refused to collect fares. All major
bus stations were overrun with bus spotters with cameras.

I seriously considered going on a late one last night - but then, I
picked up a 159 to go down to Streatham, and not one but two failed to
stop at the correct bus stop in spite of their being several tens of
people waiting - I ran out and caught it just as it was pulling away,
and it was almost empty. The conductor and driver seemed to think that
just because everybody had got *off* when he was stopped in traffic
outside Brixton station, a good 50 yards or more from the stop,
everybody had got *on*, too, which was manifestly not true! I was so
irritated with that sort of behaviour on a wet Friday evening that I
thought "Bother the Routemasters!"

In many ways I'll be sorry to see them go, but in many ways I won't.
Especially since I got an Oyster-card....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/