Old March 1st 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What hapend to the visitor passes

Jason wrote:

...or sensible enough to convert regular BAA airport &parking spending
into WorldPoints (www.baa.com/worldpoints) for half price HEx
vouchers.

Whenever I try to use my WorldPoints card the shops never take it! I
thought they might have discontinued the scheme.
--
Michael Hoffman

Old March 2nd 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:47:54 +0000, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

Jason wrote:
...or sensible enough to convert regular BAA airport &parking spending
into WorldPoints (www.baa.com/worldpoints) for half price HEx
vouchers.

Whenever I try to use my WorldPoints card the shops never take it!

Agreed, some shops do have processing problems, but faxing any
receipts to WorldPoints will seem them credited swiftly.

I thought they might have discontinued the scheme.

No, no - it is more certainly still running. I used my card last month
several times..

--
Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Old March 3rd 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I've used LU many times (well, up until they started stalling out between
platforms for hours on end).

Hours on end ? Must be a different Underground system to mine.

That said, trying to manage more than carry-on luggage through the tube is
similar to trying to manage luggage on a bus - there are easier options...

It all depends on if you are paying or your firm, and how 'light' you
travel ! I never travel with more than I can comfortably carry, even
when I travel around Europe for 3 weeks plus. It's usually a rucksack,
a daypack and a plastic bag.