Old March 9th 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default News Flash: Epping and Ongar line Easter Opening dates!!!

"Boltar" wrote the following in:
ups.com

Robin May wrote:
"Boltar" wrote the following in:
oups.com

EorJames wrote:
One of our guards is a brillant magician, and will be doing magic
tricks on the train for both young and old.

Is he there to take peoples minds off the fact that theres very
little worth seeing yet?

You have repeatedly made it extremely that you aren't interested in

the
Epping to Ongar line. Perhaps you can now stop?

Perhaps you can mind your own business.

Wouldn't you agree though that after having posted a message which
boils down to "I don't want to go on the Epping to Ongar railway" to
every single thread about it, you have now made that point and could
just shut up? I don't see why you feel it so necessary to tell everyone
repeatedly that you don't want to go on it and think it's boring. It'd
be like someone with no interest in trains going to uk.railway and
replying to every thread to say "Trains are so boring, why would you
want to talk about them?"

--
message by Robin May.
Drinking Special Brew will get you drunk in much the same way that

http://robinmay.fotopic.net

Old March 9th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

James Lyons:
Hello looks like ive posted it twice but they wont let my email
[address] through....

Actually, Google Groups censors anything that looks like an email
address when you *read* it, but doesn't stop you from posting them.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "People say I'm a skeptic --
but I find that hard to believe."
Old March 9th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:
"Boltar" wrote the following in:
ups.com

Perhaps you can mind your own business.

Wouldn't you agree though that after having posted a message which
boils down to "I don't want to go on the Epping to Ongar railway" to
every single thread about it, you have now made that point and could
just shut up? I don't see why you feel it so necessary to tell

everyone
repeatedly that you don't want to go on it and think it's boring.

It'd
be like someone with no interest in trains going to uk.railway and
replying to every thread to say "Trains are so boring, why would you
want to talk about them?"

--
message by Robin May.

For the longest time I had him "kill-filed". Then I realized this was
the opportunity to observe the mind of a fool at work and
"un-killfiled" him!

A.

Old March 9th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 9 Mar 2005, Adrian Auer-Hudson wrote:

Robin May wrote:
"Boltar" wrote the following in:
ups.com

Perhaps you can mind your own business.

just shut up?

For the longest time I had him "kill-filed". Then I realized this was
the opportunity to observe the mind of a fool at work and "un-killfiled"
him!

I've got him killfiled. I've passed my killfile onto the Russian Mafia,
and am currently waiting for a quote.

tom

--
Destroy - kill all hippies.

Old March 10th 05, 02:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian Auer-Hudson" wrote in message
ups.com...

For the longest time I had him "kill-filed". Then I
realized this was the opportunity to observe the
mind of a fool at work and "un-killfiled" him!

Doesn't Usenet present enough opportunities without him?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 10th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
So when did you work on the line? Boltar the only person i can see

you
being is part of ORPS. I like working down there and i soppose i take

Oh I'm sorry , because I think that the current operation is a bit
hopeless I must be in a rival group? How paranoid is that?

Hmm lets see. All the conductor rail has been ripped up so any chance
of running preserved tube stock (which the line would have been ideal
for) like the cravens train immediately went out the window (and its
not like conductor rails would have precluded diesel or steam operation
too for gods sake, even if the HSE whinged they could still have been
left in place unpowered until an agreement was reached), the current
operational stock is one rather tired DMU (oh very exciting) and theres
some old foreign stock sitting around that A) has bugger all to do with
anything in britain and B) can't even run anyway because its the wrong
gauge! Wtf??

B2003

Old March 10th 05, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

So the only comments can be nice ones? What is this , some happy clappy
tree hugging therapy group for the EOR? Do they have special
dispensation that say perhaps the RMT or LU doesn't? You muppet.

B2003

Old March 10th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 10 Mar 2005:

So the only comments can be nice ones? What is this , some happy clappy
tree hugging therapy group for the EOR? Do they have special
dispensation that say perhaps the RMT or LU doesn't? You muppet.

Most newsreaders have an option to mark certain threads "uninteresting"
- why don't you do just that, so you don't have to read, or bother to
comment, on something that doesn't interest you?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old March 10th 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 10 Mar 2005:

So the only comments can be nice ones? What is this , some happy clappy
tree hugging therapy group for the EOR? Do they have special
dispensation that say perhaps the RMT or LU doesn't? You muppet.

Robin May's post was:
"You have repeatedly made it extremely that you aren't interested in the
Epping to Ongar line. Perhaps you can now stop?"

I thought that the key word was repeatedly.

If you don't like something and want to have a go at it that is fine.
If you keep on saying the same thing, that will almost certainly be a
waste of your time (bandwidth, etc) and that of every one who reads the
post(s).

--

regards

Stephen
Old March 10th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Boltar wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 10 Mar 2005:

So the only comments can be nice ones? What is this , some happy clappy
tree hugging therapy group for the EOR? Do they have special
dispensation that say perhaps the RMT or LU doesn't? You muppet.

Most newsreaders have an option to mark certain threads "uninteresting"
- why don't you do just that, so you don't have to read, or bother to
comment, on something that doesn't interest you?

On the contrary , I'm very interested in what happens to that particular
stretch of line. I just happen to think that despite the fact that it
was years before any sort of activity started there all they can manage is
the sorry operation they've got at the moment (and I don't think for a moment
that the rival group would have been any better). IMO the ripping up of
the conductor rails was vandalism , pure and simple. The line should have
been put in the hands of people who wanted to run a preserved tube line
since this was probably the one and only chance it could ever have happened.
Instead we've got some 2nd rate toytown setup (and yes I have been to see it).

B2003