Old July 13th 03, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercards on DLR

"Jon" wrote in message
I frequently travel on the DLR and use have used my Staff Oyster-Card

since
it was issued to me last September. Todate, I have never had a PSA use

one
of the hand held scanners, although I have been to asked to show it on
numerous occassions. I expect that one day I will meet a PSA with a
scanner, but it hasn't happened yet. That said, I expect the Revenue
Protection teams will also have the same scanners for the rest of the
Underground

And presumably for conductors on 2 man busses.

Lawrence Myers

"James Farrar" wrote in message
I had a chat with a couple of Passenger Service Agents on the two DLR
trains I took home tonight, regarding implementation of Oystercard on

DLR.

Highlights of the discussion:

A few (a very small number) of PSAs currently have handheld Oystercard
readers. One of the two PSAs I met tonight had one, and I was the first
non-Staff Oystercard holder he had encountered. He scanned my
Oystercard, and it worked OK. However, he commented that he has had some
problems scanning Staff Oystercards.

Theoretically all DLR PSAs have had a day's training on the handheld
reader. However (inevitably) some were on leave or off sick when the
training took place and (even more inevitably) some of the handheld
readers have been issued to PSAs who missed the day's training...

Both PSAs admitted that PSAs without a handheld reader will currently
take an Oystercard on trust, provided it's shown with a Photocard.
However, they seemed sure that the rollout of handheld readers to PSAs
will be progressing fairly rapidly.

Old July 14th 03, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Mawdsley writes

I had terrible trouble convincing a conductor on the number 13 bus to
accept my Oystercard on Saturday afternoon. She said she had never
seen one before, couldn't tell if it was valid and so wasn't going to
let me use it. Eventually, and I think only because the bus was very
busy, she gave up and let me travel.

Who operates route 13? Is it Sovereign? If so, I think a phone call to
them to lodge a complaint would be in order. They should be able to
keep their staff informed about the biggest change in ticketing since
the introduction of the Travelcard.

020 8238 5500.

--
Dave
Old July 14th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thus spake Dave

Paul Mawdsley writes

I had terrible trouble convincing a conductor on the number 13 bus to
accept my Oystercard on Saturday afternoon. She said she had never
seen one before, couldn't tell if it was valid and so wasn't going to
let me use it. Eventually, and I think only because the bus was very
busy, she gave up and let me travel.

Who operates route 13? Is it Sovereign?

It is Sovereign. Buses are garaged in Edgware.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.