Old April 22nd 05, 12:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow Connect service

Peter Masson wrote:
"Tony Polson" wrote in message

"tim \(moved to sweden\)" wrote:

Air side connections can run through the tunnel. Everybody on
them has already been through security so there's no issue.

Whether they do or not, I don't know.

The inter-terminal buses were landside, so presumably they will now be
banned. Understandable, but a pity.

The best way between T123 and T4 is Heathrow Express,

Not if you're connecting between flights.

--

Stephen

SOOKIE: We are crazy for doing this.
LORELAI: We're beyond crazy. We are Anne Heche speaking her secret language
to God and looking for the spaceship in Fresno crazy.
SOOKIE: Oh Quiness, nokka don atta.
LORELAI: Il ek notra doska donne.

Old April 22nd 05, 05:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Orienteer wrote:

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message
The Ealing - Heathrow rail fare seems more than the average budget air
fare,

And to save te rest of you doing what I had to do.

It's 16.30 GBP.

which is more than fare from padd?

tim

The fares on the system are the current Heathrow Express fares via
Paddington, as they increase travelling towards Hayes & Harlington. I
understand the idea is for the fares to be set at:

Heathrow Express fare minus Paddington to Ealing Broadway / West
Ealing/ Southall/ Hayes & Harlington fare.

And this is how to encourage the use of public transport and reduce
traffic congestion?!

I guess there will probably be special discount arrangements for airport
workers who are one of the main target markets for this service.

David

Old April 22nd 05, 06:54 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:55:59 +0100, gwr4090
wrote:

I guess there will probably be special discount arrangements for airport
workers who are one of the main target markets for this service.

IOW, "stuff the passengers" - the air passengers, that is.

Nothing changes...

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old April 22nd 05, 07:32 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 06:54:19 on Fri, 22
Apr 2005, Neil Williams remarked:
I guess there will probably be special discount arrangements for airport
workers who are one of the main target markets for this service.

IOW, "stuff the passengers" - the air passengers, that is.

The workers are rail passengers too, and iirc outnumber the passengers.
Surely it's better to get them regularly using the train, than prising
the air passengers from their cars one at a time - especially as there
will be very few air passengers, compared to airport workers, starting
their journeys close to the places the Connect service will be calling.
Old April 22nd 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Stephen Farrow wrote:

Tony Polson wrote:
"tim \(moved to sweden\)" wrote:

Air side connections can run through the tunnel. Everybody on
them has already been through security so there's no issue.

Whether they do or not, I don't know.

The inter-terminal buses were landside, so presumably they will now be
banned. Understandable, but a pity.

But the airside inter-terminal buses - the ones going between Terminal 4 and
the Flight Connections building - do indeed still use the cargo tunnel.

Accepted, but they are not freely available for public use, which is
surely what was being discussed.

Old April 22nd 05, 02:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 20 Apr 2005:

Michael Hopkins wrote:

Will it serve terminal 4? What happens when terminal 5 opens?

It will not serve Terminal 4 at the start. When T5 opens, it WILL serve
T4, with HX serving T5. HX will then not serve T4, just T5. At least I
believe that to be the case.

Will there still be free transfer between the various terminals on
whichever train is appropriate, as there is at the moment?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old April 22nd 05, 02:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Stephen Farrow wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 21 Apr 2005:

Peter Masson wrote:
The best way between T123 and T4 is Heathrow Express,

Not if you're connecting between flights.

I would have thought that it might easily be quicker, but, of course,
that depends on whether or not you have just missed one!

Old April 22nd 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I guess there will probably be special discount arrangements for airport
workers who are one of the main target markets for this service.

I believe that BAA have special concessions for their workforce and
for other workers on the airport, to make travel by public transport
the best way to get to work. It would make sense for them to extend
this to the new service.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society