Old May 10th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A bridge far too low...

Seems like they did it again...
Check http://www.thisislondon.com/news/lon...icles/18511417

Old May 10th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Hugo wrote:
Seems like they did it again...
Check http://www.thisislondon.com/news/lon...icles/18511417

From that pic, it surprises me how easy the top came off that bus,

without much visible damage to the rest of the bus. Is this some design
feature for occasions like this, Or is it how theyRe built?

Old May 10th 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 May 2005 10:47:02 -0700, Joe wrote:

Hugo wrote:
Seems like they did it again...
Check http://www.thisislondon.com/news/lon...icles/18511417

From that pic, it surprises me how easy the top came off that bus,

without much visible damage to the rest of the bus. Is this some design
feature for occasions like this, Or is it how theyRe built?

Well, basically, you've only really got the window frames to hold the
roof on...

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p14105443.html
(The marshalling yard at Tinsley in 1979 - truly impressive)
Old May 12th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

She resigned before she got sacked!!
Mr T

Old May 16th 05, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Hugo" wrote in message
Seems like they did it again...
Check http://www.thisislondon.com/news/lon...icles/18511417

Do buses still have a prominent sign saying "This vehicle is X ft/ins high"?
I remember seeing signs like this on old buses when I was a child, but I've
not used buses much recently and on the occasions that I have, I've never
seen a sign.

If there is a clear sign, it's difficult to imagine how anyone could drive
under a low bridge. You might take an unauthorised detour and discover a low
bridge, but to drive under it rather than stopping to think "Help! What
now?" is unforgivable.

Old May 16th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" typed

"Hugo" wrote in message
Seems like they did it again...
Check http://www.thisislondon.com/news/lon...icles/18511417

Do buses still have a prominent sign saying "This vehicle is X ft/ins
high"?

Yes. The double decker in which I travelled over the weekend was 14ft
6in, as writ in big figures just atop the windscreen above the steering
wheel.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.