Old June 13th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default public transport? Enfield Town - C London/City

"Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi- moving to Enfield Town, was wondering if
anyone knew the best public transport connections
into London. In particular, are there any decent bus/tube
routes into town?

crossposted to a group where people do...

As far as I know, there is no tube,

Oakwood is a shortish distance down a rather fast bus-served road.

but we can get trains from Enfield Town, a terminal
(an advantage in my book), to Liverpool St (24 mins or
so), or Enfield Chase (30 mins to Kings X).

Enfield Chase trains run to/from Moorgate, except on Monday to Friday after
8pm and all day Saturday and Sunday, when they run to Kings Cross.

Somebody has also said we can get a train
to Seven Sisters, then get a tube from there.,.

Yep, that's a good route to the West End, but not to the City.

Does anybody know of any good bus routes to Enfield Town?

The TfL journey planner does.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

It's worth knowing that Enfield probably has the best night bus service in
outer London - the N29, every 12 minutes all night every night, IIRC.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old June 14th 05, 01:21 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:11:21 GMT, General Von Clinkerhoffen
wrote:

Enfield town station into liverpool street, change at Seven Sisters for
the Victoria line, good bus services, but don't cycle down the A10, very
scarey

Even easier (during the day Mon-Fri): Enfield Chase to Highbury &
Islington, then it's cross-platform to the Vic.
Old June 14th 05, 01:24 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article , John Rowland
writes
Enfield Chase trains run to/from Moorgate, except on Monday to Friday after
8pm and all day Saturday and Sunday, when they run to Kings Cross.

The last Moorgate arrival is now 22:00 and the last departure 21:50
IIRC.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old June 18th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article , John Rowland
writes
"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi- moving to Enfield Town, was wondering if
anyone knew the best public transport connections
into London. In particular, are there any decent bus/tube
routes into town?

crossposted to a group where people do...

And I'm sitting here, a short walk from Enfield Town Station.

I commute from Enfield Town to Farringdon every day, a train every 15
minutes and always a seat is not to be sneezed at. It's quicker to
Finsbury Park from Enfield Chase, get a fast train and you are there in
15 minutes or so, if the change works, then you're across the platform
and into Kings Cross in another 4 minutes.

Oakwood is a 10 minute bus ride (3 different routes, so lots of buses)
away, and then 40 minutes to Piccadilly Circus

You are right about using Seven Sisters - without the current hike round
to Tottenham High Road you can be in Oxford Circus 35 minutes after
leaving Enfield Town.

Lots of buses, the 329/N29 is a pretty amazing service to Turnpike Lane,
maximum interval of 12 minutes 24/7

The best thing of all is that with 3 fast rail routes into London, all
different terminals and operators, I've only been strike or breakdown
delayed to the point of significant lateness about 6 times in 30
years...
--
Steve

Old June 19th 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Far better than the bloody awful transport in Buckinghamshire, I almost
feel like moving back!

Steve wrote:
In article , John Rowland
writes