Old June 22nd 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

Richard J. wrote:

God knows. I've just phoned the number given on the HC website for "up
to the minute information". The person who answered couldn't say what
the problem was, or when the service to Heathrow might start/resume.
She wasn't even sure what company she worked for. And of course, they
haven't replied to the e-mail I sent on Monday.

The registrant of the www.heathrowconnect.co.uk site is BAA plc.

I travelled on one this morning from Paddington to Southall. There was
no indication that it would terminate short; in fact there were frequent
onboard announcements that the destination was Heathrow. What the
reality was I cannot of course say.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Old June 22nd 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
According to the driver, the problem at Heathrow is that once they
enter the stabling siding that they use at Terminal 4, the signal
won't let them out again. So they are stuck with terminating at
Hayes until BAA sort out the signal at Terminal 4, using their
contractor Network Rail. They couldn't even manage the
Hayes-Paddington service properly this afternoon, as the 16:41 was
cancelled.

So far Heathrow Connect seems a bit rubbish. Didn't they do some
trial runs into T4 before they started running the service
officially?

Sorry, my reference to T4 should have read T123, as that is where
Heathrow Connect is supposed to terminate, and presumably where the
stabling siding is.

--
Richard J.