Old June 21st 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking at Cockfosters

PigPOg typed

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:57:00 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

If your friends are in the London Borough of Barnet, ask them for a
visitor's parking permit. (I think they cost about 35p) Then you can
park there all day...

They live in Enfield.

Simon

Aaahhh... Cockfosters is on the Enfield/Barnet frontier. I know lots
about Barnet (brought up there, parents still live there & I'm very
close to its borders) and zilch about Enfield.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old June 21st 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"Chris!" typed

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at
Cockfosters tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about
4.30pm on a Friday hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a
concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train
from your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2
min walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

Getting back might be a problem; some last trains are rather early.

Last train from Hyde Park Corner to Cockfosters is at 00:31.
--
Richard J.
Old June 22nd 05, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:

Last train from Hyde Park Corner to Cockfosters is at 00:31.

After that, you'll need to make your way to Trafalgar Square (a short walk,
or a night bus ride), and then get night bus N91. This runs all night to
Cockfosters, operating every 20 minutes on a Friday night, and will accept
your one-day Travelcard (which would be issued at Cockfosters in leiu of a
return tube ticket) until 0430.

MG