Old June 29th 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Northern Line Questions

1) For the last two nights at Camden Town on the northbound platform (High
Barnet branch), the last doors on the last carriage have been opened. Never
seen this before. The train certainly was no further forward than normal
and hence half of the door/exit only had a 30 cm platform to stand on.

Are the doors supposed to be opened ?

2) I am due to be catching the first southbound train from Totteridge on
Friday. It is stated as being at 0523. Is this likely to be exactly on
time ? Or a few minutes either way. Also, does anyone know what time the
station will open ?

Old June 29th 05, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Simon wrote:
1) For the last two nights at Camden Town on the northbound platform (High
Barnet branch), the last doors on the last carriage have been opened. Never
seen this before. The train certainly was no further forward than normal
and hence half of the door/exit only had a 30 cm platform to stand on.

Are the doors supposed to be opened ?

2) I am due to be catching the first southbound train from Totteridge on
Friday. It is stated as being at 0523. Is this likely to be exactly on
time ? Or a few minutes either way. Also, does anyone know what time the
station will open ?

And why do the last doors never open at Hampstead when there is just as
much room at any of the other stations that the train stops at?

Kevin

Old June 29th 05, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Simon" typed

1) For the last two nights at Camden Town on the northbound platform (High
Barnet branch), the last doors on the last carriage have been opened. Never
seen this before. The train certainly was no further forward than normal
and hence half of the door/exit only had a 30 cm platform to stand on.

Are the doors supposed to be opened ?

No AFAIK.

2) I am due to be catching the first southbound train from Totteridge on
Friday. It is stated as being at 0523. Is this likely to be exactly on
time ? Or a few minutes either way. Also, does anyone know what time the
station will open ?

Tube train times are usually spot on, sometimes a few seconds early.
Dunno when station opens but you should be able to get your train.
Tickets are another matter.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old June 29th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:19:32 +0000 (UTC), "Simon"
wrote:

1) For the last two nights at Camden Town on the northbound platform (High
Barnet branch), the last doors on the last carriage have been opened. Never
seen this before. The train certainly was no further forward than normal
and hence half of the door/exit only had a 30 cm platform to stand on.

The rearmost doors on the Picc Line w/b at Leicester Square opens onto a
narrow strip of platform without difficulty - I often get off via that
door. On the Northern Line there would be an announcement and a visual
display message if a set of doors is normally cut out for a given
platform - this certainly applies at Charing X s/b.

Are the doors supposed to be opened ?

Can't answer this one.

2) I am due to be catching the first southbound train from Totteridge on
Friday. It is stated as being at 0523. Is this likely to be exactly on
time ? Or a few minutes either way. Also, does anyone know what time the
station will open ?

Unless there is an overrun of engineering work I would work on the
assumption that the train will be spot on time. The station should open
10 minutes before the very first passenger train which in this case
should be yours - the 10 minute parameter is a network wide LU standard.
--
Paul C