Old July 11th 05, 01:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default timescale wrong

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message , Nick Cooper
writes

It was rather stunning to hear Tessa Jowell admit about half an hour
ago that none of the 49 dead have been officially identified yet.

There is still info coming out that is contradictory. We're told
it all went off at 8:50, yet a guy is filming it happen at Edgware
Road at 9:20.

It's past the usual sloppy journalism phase and becoming
annoying.

This is very odd to me. I can understand two blasts reported within
five minutes initially being treated as distinct times due to initial
confusion. But 20 minutes? Anyone on their way to work knows the
difference between "a little before 9" and a "quarter past 9".... it's
the difference between getting to work on time and having to come up
with a valid excuse. I wonder if any survivors have been interviewed
with respect to the time they recall their train stopping?

Even with the change in reported timeline, you still only need 2 guys
to do all this damage. One guy gets on at King's Cross, rides a stop
and drops a package on Circle line eastbound, gets off, grabs a Circle
Line going westbound for one stop, drops a package and gets off at
King's Cross .... he would even have time for the bus.

The Picadilly Line would have to be a second person because of the
timing. He would certainly have time to get the bus also.

Edward Cowling London UK

Old July 11th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message , Nick Cooper
writes

It was rather stunning to hear Tessa Jowell admit about half an hour
ago that none of the 49 dead have been officially identified yet.

There is still info coming out that is contradictory. We're told
it all went off at 8:50, yet a guy is filming it happen at Edgware
Road at 9:20.

It's past the usual sloppy journalism phase and becoming
annoying.

You've got that back to front. It was initially reported by the
Metropolitan Police as 09.17, but the guy filming on the train showed it
was 08.50. The Met police later corrected their time to 08.50, and said
that 09.17 was the time of a phone call to the control centre. Apparently
other witnesses report that the police were already in attendance by this
time. So I guess it was a police error not a journalist error.

David

Old July 11th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:

Since they were relatively small, I think it is possible they were
placed under a seat.

It doesn't look like it, though.

r.
Old July 11th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
if one person could in practice have planted both bombs.

How easy would it be for someone to get on a carriage and
off at the next stop, leaving a bag, without looking suspicious?
I would have thought that they'd need to stay on a couple
of stops at least until the "his bag" information drops out
of enough of the other passengers short term memory.

If a bomber needs to stay on for four or five stops, to avoid
looking too suspiciuos, do these one/two bomber scenarios
still work?

#Paul
Old July 11th 05, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
writes

How easy would it be for someone to get on a carriage and
off at the next stop, leaving a bag, without looking suspicious?

When standing in the rush hour, I often cannot see my own feet, let
alone any bags on the floor. Sadly, I think it could be very easy.

--
Paul Terry