Old July 10th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default location of the bombs?

I'm pretty sure everyone has got a theory on the recent bombing but I'm just
wondering if there is a pattern and maybe someone can confirm if the
following could be true.

I understand the bomb executed on the Piccadilly Line was at the front of
the train - does anyone know if the Heathrow bound platform at KC is the one
closest to the Northern Line escalator? If that is the case the bomber must
have entered the platform from the main Kings Cross escalators and
immediately onto the platform, from there he entered a waiting train and
must have escaped as the doors were closing and exited the platform by
taking the short link onto the Northern Line escalator.

Were all the bombs planted within the door ways that were adjacent to the
platform entrances at Euston Square for the Edgware Road train, King's Cross
for the Liverpool Street train and finally is the Kings Cross Piccadilly
line entrance adjacent to the front of the train?

Old July 11th 05, 01:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I am interested in the timing of the bombs. Originally they were over
a span of 20 some odd minutes. Now they are claiming "nearly
simultaneous" explosions. Seems to me that one could get confused
reporting for two explosions a few minutes apart but 20 is a long time
for confusion, especially in Britain. If you have a 9 o'clock
appointment and show up at 9:15 that is VERY late.

Have any riders been interviewed and asked about the time of the
explosion? Specifically the Edgware explosion? I think if folks are
heading to work they would know the difference between 9 o'clock and
quarter past.

Old July 11th 05, 05:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
wrote:
I am interested in the timing of the bombs. Originally they were over
a span of 20 some odd minutes. Now they are claiming "nearly
simultaneous" explosions. Seems to me that one could get confused
reporting for two explosions a few minutes apart but 20 is a long time
for confusion, especially in Britain. If you have a 9 o'clock
appointment and show up at 9:15 that is VERY late.

Have any riders been interviewed and asked about the time of the
explosion? Specifically the Edgware explosion? I think if folks are
heading to work they would know the difference between 9 o'clock and
quarter past.

Yes - the 08.50am timing is confirmed by eye witnesses. The 09.17am time
originally stated is apparently the time of a phone call to a police
control centre. The police were actually already at the scene by then.

David

Old July 11th 05, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

If the bomber got on a Kings Cross. Seems more likely to me that they
would have been on the train for some while and got off at Kings Cross
or an earleir station or were still on the train when the bomb
exploded.

Kevin

Old July 11th 05, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:33:21 +0100, gwr4090
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
I am interested in the timing of the bombs. Originally they were over
a span of 20 some odd minutes. Now they are claiming "nearly
simultaneous" explosions. Seems to me that one could get confused
reporting for two explosions a few minutes apart but 20 is a long time
for confusion, especially in Britain. If you have a 9 o'clock
appointment and show up at 9:15 that is VERY late.

Have any riders been interviewed and asked about the time of the
explosion? Specifically the Edgware explosion? I think if folks are
heading to work they would know the difference between 9 o'clock and
quarter past.

Yes - the 08.50am timing is confirmed by eye witnesses. The 09.17am time
originally stated is apparently the time of a phone call to a police
control centre. The police were actually already at the scene by then.

It was said in one of the press conferences that 09:17 was the first
time they had a call about the relevent incident that said it was a
bomb, not something else (person under train, etc.).
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Old July 11th 05, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I got home on Thursday just as the press conference started. I was not
impressed by Tom Otoole's performance especially when answering the
question about reporting the incindent first as a power surge and the
as a derailment.

Kevin

Old July 11th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , dave F
writes
I understand the bomb executed on the Piccadilly Line was at the front of
the train - does anyone know if the Heathrow bound platform at KC is the one
closest to the Northern Line escalator?

Yes. With the front closest to the connecting passage and escalator.

If that is the case the bomber must
have entered the platform from the main Kings Cross escalators and
immediately onto the platform, from there he entered a waiting train and
must have escaped as the doors were closing and exited the platform by
taking the short link onto the Northern Line escalator.

Why "must"? It's a hypothesis, but that's all. He could equally have
walked along the platform and out through the Thameslink station. If,
indeed, he planted the bomb there.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 11th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Ed Lake
writes
The guy knew how things work at King's Cross. He probably passed
through the place every work day for years.

I know how things work at King's Cross. I pass through the place twice
most work days for years.

What kind of area is King's Cross?

Mixed.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 11th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D. W. Feather wrote in message
In article , dave F
writes
I understand the bomb executed on the Piccadilly Line was at the front of
the train - does anyone know if the Heathrow bound platform at KC is the

one
closest to the Northern Line escalator?

Yes. With the front closest to the connecting passage and escalator.

If that is the case the bomber must
have entered the platform from the main Kings Cross escalators and
immediately onto the platform, from there he entered a waiting train and
must have escaped as the doors were closing and exited the platform by
taking the short link onto the Northern Line escalator.

Why "must"? It's a hypothesis, but that's all. He could equally have
walked along the platform and out through the Thameslink station. If,
indeed, he planted the bomb there.

Hmm? sorry I don't think so. How can you fit the Thameslink station within
the bomb planting operation?