Old July 21st 05, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus Crash at Vauxhall

I see that a no.77A crashed into a no. 344 at Vauxhall Cross yesterday
and 21 people were taken to hospital. On the first day of operation I
was nearly run over by a bus going against red lights and the officials
there, not sure if they were TfL or London Buses couldn't give a ****.
In fact they were very rude and aggressive to me.
On that occasion I reported the matter to the police.
There have been numerous more occasions of buses jumping red lights and
a further written complaint to London Buses.
I wonder if TfL will now get their heads out of their backsides and do
something about the appalling standard of bus driving at Vauxhall
Cross.
At 5pm yesterday there was a bus stopped in the junction of Wandsworth
Rd and Vauxhall Bridge with 2 policemen directing traffic around the
bus. Remember when the driver would lean a seat up against the back of
the bus to indicate it was broken down, now it take 2 policemen. No
wonder I can't get anybody to come round when my house is broken into.
Kevin

Old July 21st 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I wonder if TfL will now get their heads out of their backsides and do
something about the appalling standard of bus driving at Vauxhall
Cross.

Its not just vauxhall cross. There have been mentions of bad bus
driving
in london on TV recently and I've been on buses in the last year or so
where the driver treated the accelator and brake as on/off switches.
Either full power or full braking, nothing subtle and not a safe way
to drive in heavy traffic IMO. Tho to be fair I've also been on buses
where the drive drove very nicely.

B2003

Old July 21st 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I think you'll find the officials at TfL bus stations are more
interested in stopping 'bus nuts' taking photos than traffic management.