Old July 22nd 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Paul" wrote in message
k...

As the song says: "lazy f***ing useless c*nts"

Yes, of course. That's why they were the first on the scene on 7th July 2005
leading customers to safety and tending to the wounded without any breathing
apparatus or insisting the area was checked for more devices first. Amazing
how quickly people forget.

Perhaps the song needs to be rewritten.

Old July 22nd 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
MIG MIG is offline

Simon wrote:
I repeat not, due to any fear of being blown to bits
by any Islamic murdering cowards.

Not clear why the reference to religion was necessary. Surely point is
they were murdering cowards, not that they were a specific sub-section
thereof

Why are suicide bombers cowards? I may not share their motives, but
giving up your life for something you believe in, however wrongly,
doesn't seem to be cowardly. All kinds of words might be suitable (eg
deluded, psychotic, inconsiderate).

However, it does seem to be a convention that politicians have to
describe suicide attacks, in particular, as cowardly.

If they could afford planes, presumably they would drop the bombs from
them. Would that make them brave?

Old July 22nd 05, 04:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Simon" wrote

Not clear why the reference to religion was necessary. Surely point is
they were murdering cowards, not that they were a specific sub-section
thereof

Try murdering fanatics, not sure about the cowardly bit, although any
*honest* soldier would wear a uniform.

John.

Old July 23rd 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Uncle Fester" wrote in message
enews.net...

You dull c**t. Transport staff are going to be in the front line
throughout their working day. They don't have a choice - you do.
Now **** off and grow up.

With that kind of childish attitude and lack of respect, you are surely one
of the idiots the OP was referring to.

Ian

Old July 23rd 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Uncle Fester" wrote

Work on public transport long enough and respect for travellers goes
down the drain.

You want to try working in an environment where your respect for and
treatment of customers has a direct impact on whether or not you have a pay
packet at the end of the week/month. You'd soon change your attitude.

John.

Old July 23rd 05, 05:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Uncle Fester" wrote in message
enews.net...
Ian F. wrote

You dull ****. Transport staff are going to be in the front line
throughout their working day. They don't have a choice - you do.
Now **** off and grow up.

With that kind of childish attitude and lack of respect, you are surely

one
of the idiots the OP was referring to.

Work on public transport long enough and respect for travellers goes
down the drain.

I think it's time for you to find a different job - preferably where you
have no chance of meeting me on my travels.

Old July 23rd 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:00:24 GMT, Tom Haliax wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
"Uncle Fester" wrote in message
enews.net...

[....]
Work on public transport long enough and respect for travellers goes
down the drain.

I think it's time for you to find a different job

I think that most people who deal with the public face-to-face are not
exactly enamoured of them, hence the existence of websites like
customerssuck.com.

Judging by what I see of the attitude of *non*-transport staff towards
their customers, I think we can safely say that to rid the world of
people who dislike their customers you'd have to close down the entire
service sector.

Professionals in the service sector may detest (at least some of) the
people they serve; their professionalism shows in the fact that their
customers aren't made aware of that fact.

--
Ross, Lincoln, UK

We're *not* afraid
http://www.werenotafraid.com
Old July 23rd 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:28:47 +0100, John Turner wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
"Uncle Fester" wrote

Work on public transport long enough and respect for travellers goes
down the drain.

You want to try working in an environment where your respect for and
treatment of customers has a direct impact on whether or not you have a pay
packet at the end of the week/month. You'd soon change your attitude.

Would you like to tell me which environment that is, John?

I'm *not* backing "Uncle Fester" up, believe me. but I can honestly
say that I have not seen any public-facing organisation which
consistently shows any reasonable amount of respect for or decent
treatment of their customers.

"Some good points, some bad points, Adequate overall" would be my
report card on most service organisations in this country.

Shouldn't be that way, of course, but I think that's the way the
British are, so it's what we get.

--
Ross, Lincoln, UK

We're *not* afraid
http://www.werenotafraid.com
Old July 23rd 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

In message , Ross
writes
Professionals in the service sector may detest (at least some of) the
people they serve; their professionalism shows in the fact that their
customers aren't made aware of that fact.

All in all, I reckon that's one of the most accurate sentences I've ever
seen posted on Usenet.......
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old July 23rd 05, 11:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Ross" wrote

Would you like to tell me which environment that is, John?

Self-employment where you survive or fail by your own efforts.

John.