Old August 1st 05, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bob Crow

In message , Robert Woolley
writes
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:42:28 +0100, Clive
wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed

They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean fisted can a
company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages? Indeed why
should public service worker work longer hours just to supplement their
wage? If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen. All bus and
tube drivers should resign, then see how the capital copes without them.
--
Clive

Old August 1st 05, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean fisted can a
company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

If you think 33k is a low wage then I think you need to think again. There
are many people in London earning much less. Also most of use don't have to
think about our pay "before stoppages" as we don't feel the need to walk out
of jobs on a regular basis.

Dave

Old August 1st 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean fisted
can a company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

If you think 33k is a low wage then I think you need to think again.
There are many people in London earning much less. Also most of use
don't have to think about our pay "before stoppages" as we don't feel
the need to walk out of jobs on a regular basis.

Perhaps if more people were willing to walk out they might have better pay
and conditions?

Old August 1st 05, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:49:04 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean fisted
can a company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

If you think 33k is a low wage then I think you need to think again.
There are many people in London earning much less. Also most of use
don't have to think about our pay "before stoppages" as we don't feel
the need to walk out of jobs on a regular basis.

Perhaps if more people were willing to walk out they might have better pay
and conditions?

If I walked out, I'd get fired.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old August 1st 05, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean
fisted can a company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

If you think 33k is a low wage then I think you need to think again.
There are many people in London earning much less. Also most of use
don't have to think about our pay "before stoppages" as we don't
feel the need to walk out of jobs on a regular basis.

Perhaps if more people were willing to walk out they might have
better pay and conditions?

If I walked out, I'd get fired.

And if all the employees walked out?

Old August 1st 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean
fisted can a company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

If you think 33k is a low wage then I think you need to think again.
There are many people in London earning much less. Also most of use
don't have to think about our pay "before stoppages" as we don't
feel the need to walk out of jobs on a regular basis.

Perhaps if more people were willing to walk out they might have
better pay and conditions?

If I walked out, I'd get fired.

And if all the employees walked out?

We'd all get fired.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old August 1st 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean fisted can a
company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

If you think 33k is a low wage then I think you need to think again. There
are many people in London earning much less. Also most of use don't have to
think about our pay "before stoppages" as we don't feel the need to walk out
of jobs on a regular basis.

Dave

Can you imagine the reaction he would get with that attitude if he
rolled up at A&E having had an accident.

Kevin

Old August 1st 05, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So find a decent employer to work for.

Old August 1st 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"James Farrar" wrote in message

Perhaps if more people were willing to walk out they might have
better pay and conditions?

If I walked out, I'd get fired.

And if all the employees walked out?

We'd all get fired.

--

Not if you did it legally.

http://www.worksmart.org.uk/rights/v...ion.php?eny=59

The very act of unionising would probably get your employer to think again
about their poor conditions.

Old August 1st 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
Brimstone writes

.. .

wrote:

wrote:

In message , Loony Tune
writes
Drivers got no more money when guards were removed
They took extra responsibility for no extra pay? How mean
fisted can a company get?

I don't think 33k per annum is exacty 'mean fisted'.

As Marc says, more police, fewer train staff....

Do you want to have the responsibility of a train plus a thousand
passengers for only 33k after overtime and before stoppages?

You've deliberately ignored the "after overtime" how many of you work
unsocial hours for a low base wage with a high level of responsibility?
--
Clive