Old August 7th 05, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 43 murder

wrote:

I suspect Peter Hendy & Co certainly belong to the "loonier fringes of
the Accountancy profession", firstly by justifying free travel for the
3rd world on bendy-bus routes, and secondly in allowing indigenous
feral low-life to swamp all services with the forthcoming free travel
for teenagers too.

Yes, this mobile youth club nonsense has annoyed me too. A pretty blatant
attempt to create dependent client groups amongst present and future voters,
along the lines of the winter fuel allowance given to the wealthiest age
group in society - pensioners.

Chris

Old August 8th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"B) Under 16s have a phtocard to claim free travel. If they misbehave
it will be withdrawn."
Robert........The withdrawl of a Under 16 Photocard is not something which
the average streetwize Tagger will recognize as Punishment for
"Misbehaviour".

Whilst "Bowroad" may have offended your sensitivies with his use of
descriptive terms it is Precisely that which alerts me to his potential
background.......
Sadly a recent journey on the 159 into deepest Brixton provided me with
ample evidence to suggest that Bowroad might just be downplaying the entire
scenario !!
There really is NO alternative to a simple system wide fare structure for
ALL users backed up by strong and visible revenue and asset protection
resources.
If these young dandys get the impression that TfL dont give a toss then one
can hardly be surprised if they in turn begin to eat the furnitire....

Old August 8th 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 01:09:39 +0100, "Alek" wrote:

[...]

I don't think anyone isn't claiming that effective revenue enforcement
is key to operating a safe and reliable service.

I would note that you refer to the 159 which is still a crew route.
The Routemaster fanatics claim that a conductor will stop all sort of
problems.

With respect to 'taggers' - withdrawal of the photocard is not only
the weapon in the armoury. They'd be prosecuted as they are now.
Withdrawal of the photocard is targeted at kids who misbehave on the
bus. Those comitting criminal damage are likely to feel the long arm
of the Met. Since 7/7 transport in London is very well policed....

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old August 8th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:48:25 +0100, Robert Woolley
wrote:

Since 7/7 transport in London is very well policed....

Is it? In London on the past two weekends, travelling extensively by
Tube and bus, I noticed that there were a few more police than usual
at stations and that was about it.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain

Old September 25th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 9-Aug-2005, Robert Woolley wrote:

More police you can see, more plain clothes you can't.....

Oh yes? That sounds to me like prolefeed put out by NuLab spin doctors and
Sir Ian "Robocop" Blair to con the gullible that the system can protect its
serfs, rather than just blowing away innocent Brazilian electricians, so as
to be seen to be doing something.

Conductors aren't a complete answer. They can't be expected to deal with
situations that require the presence of a trained police officer, but they
do, however, supply "eyes and ears" on the 'bus, which are now sadly
lacking, assuming that the driver is looking at the road!