Old August 9th 05, 01:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Where do I find a bus timetable?

I've been looking at the Tfl site for over half an hour, gone from
pillar to post and I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me where to find a bus timetable? I've clicked on "bus
home" on the Tfl site. I've put a bus number where it should go, and
all I get is a bus map. I KNOW what bus I want. Where do I find a
timetable?

It's a simple journey. From Harlesden to Greenford. An 18 then a 92.
But I need to find the timetables!

Help! The main site makes it impossible to find a single thing...

Cheers

Old August 9th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Can anyone tell me where to find a bus timetable? I've clicked on "bus
home" on the Tfl site. I've put a bus number where it should go, and
all I get is a bus map. I KNOW what bus I want. Where do I find a
timetable?

I don't think the TfL site has them. However try
http://www.busmap.org/timetables.html and you should get some joy.

Old August 9th 05, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Alistair Bell wrote:
wrote:
I've been looking at the Tfl site for over half an hour, gone from
pillar to post and I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me where to find a bus timetable? I've clicked on "bus
home" on the Tfl site. I've put a bus number where it should go, and
all I get is a bus map. I KNOW what bus I want. Where do I find a
timetable?

It's a simple journey. From Harlesden to Greenford. An 18 then a 92.
But I need to find the timetables!

It _is_ there, but I agree it's buried. Go to TfL's site, click on
'Journey Planner' (on the left), then 'Timetables', then a little
further down there's 'Bus timetable'. Enter the route number you want,
then choose the destination of the direction you want, then click on
the bus stop you'll get on. You'll get a PDF of the timetable from that
stop.

All the information is there but it's far from intuitive.

Or just follow this link to take you straight the
http://snipurl.com/londonbustt

Once you've found where the timetables actually are, you'll find it's a
great service. As Alistair says, you actually get a PDF of the
timetable as it would appear at the bus stop. This is great, as most
bus stops in London now have a specific timetable printed for them.

I find this service particularly useful for looking up the times of
night buses.

Old August 9th 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

That's very useful and quicker than the TfL for loading.

Neill

Old August 9th 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Graham J
writes

I don't think the TfL site has them.

It certainly does, as mentioned earlier - and they are up-to-date.

However try
http://www.busmap.org/timetables.html and you should get some joy.

Trouble is, I'm not convinced that these are up to date - the timetable
for my local route is dated 2001, and is nothing like the one that
currently appears on the bus stop or on the TFL site.

--
Paul Terry
Old August 9th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:29:50 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , Graham J
writes

I don't think the TfL site has them.

It certainly does, as mentioned earlier - and they are up-to-date.

However try
http://www.busmap.org/timetables.html and you should get some joy.

Trouble is, I'm not convinced that these are up to date - the timetable
for my local route is dated 2001, and is nothing like the one that
currently appears on the bus stop or on the TFL site.

Given that Mike Harris works for TfL Buses in the publicity section he
is able to get the most up to date information for his site. Just
because a timetable is dated 2001 does not mean it is wrong at all -
many simpler routes often stick with the same timetable for a full
contract term of 5 or 7 years.

Be warned that the TfL official information using the journey planner is
often hideously wrong. I really don't trust it all because the computer
programme that generates the stop specific information applies overly
simplistic rules to generate the "every x minutes" type information.

It annoys me intensely that TfL are in possession of fully detailed
schedules for all routes and yet will not make them available. Overly
simplistic information is next to useless in my view unless your route
runs every 2 minutes or so.
--
Paul C

Old August 9th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Aug 2005 18:30:59 -0700, wrote:

I've been looking at the Tfl site for over half an hour, gone from
pillar to post and I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me where to find a bus timetable? I've clicked on "bus
home" on the Tfl site. I've put a bus number where it should go, and
all I get is a bus map. I KNOW what bus I want. Where do I find a
timetable?

It's a simple journey. From Harlesden to Greenford. An 18 then a 92.
But I need to find the timetables!

For the 18 and 92 - both run by first london - try here

www.firstlondontimetables.co.uk where you will find fully detailed
timetables for each trip on those routes. A wonderfully helpful
facility.

Most people have found www.busmap.co.uk but www.londonbusroutes.net also
provides lots of information on services including links to timetable
info. Shame the unofficial sites are better than the official one.
--
Paul C

Old August 9th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
snip
Be warned that the TfL official information using the journey planner is
often hideously wrong. I really don't trust it all because the computer
programme that generates the stop specific information applies overly
simplistic rules to generate the "every x minutes" type information.

It annoys me intensely that TfL are in possession of fully detailed
schedules for all routes and yet will not make them available. Overly
simplistic information is next to useless in my view unless your route
runs every 2 minutes or so.

Is your criticism of the TfL Journey Planner merely related to the
'interactive' element, or are the stop-specific PDF bus timetables also
coming under fire? (I refer to the timetables that are a copy of what
would be found at a bus stop.)

I find that the stop-specific timetables are most useful, even where
they do state 'about every x minutes'. They're very clear, and I'd
suggest it's a more honest way of presenting the information rather
than having specific times given, when there can be no guarantee that
the bus will indeed turn up at that time.

However the bus journey results of the 'interactive' Journey Planner
service is not something that I've analysed that carefully so I'll bow
to your wisdom on that!