Old October 10th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thomas Goes Underground

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

Neill

Old October 10th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

We might get that put in the T/Ops messroom. we have a large TV that would
be perfect.

As for our line being like a caring Grandmother.....
Mal

oups.com...

Old October 10th 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
Neillw001 writes

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

I like the idea of the "personalities" for each line. Other ideas
could include:

Northern (flat cap wearing Rugby League fan)

Metropolitan (suburban-dwelling businessman)

East London (Bengali rag trader)

DLR (City slicker)

Oh and Piccadilly just makes me think of John Rowland's signature.......
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old October 11th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:05:14 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message .com,
Neillw001 writes

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

I like the idea of the "personalities" for each line. Other ideas
could include:

Northern (flat cap wearing Rugby League fan)

I think people could come up with a lot of personality options for the
Northern Line at present!

Metropolitan (suburban-dwelling businessman)
East London (Bengali rag trader)
DLR (City slicker)

I rather like these ideas.

Oh and Piccadilly just makes me think of John Rowland's signature.......

District Line?
Central Line?

--
Paul C

Old October 11th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

I like the idea of the "personalities" for each line. Other ideas could
include:

Northern (flat cap wearing Rugby League fan)

Metropolitan (suburban-dwelling businessman)

There could be an ongoing cultural rivalry between the two:

'By 'eck, if it isn't t'Metropolitan Line, with his flash Southern crimson
****e. When I were a lad, workin down t'pit...',

'Oh please, you uncultured provinical oik. I've been an audio conferencing
with the Picc all morning, and Bzzzt, guess what, I don't have a window for
you right now. Here, try some roquette salad',

'Pffttt, in my day all we 'ad to eat were t'whippets an' coal, and we were
grateful for that an' all'

etc.

BTN

Old October 11th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:05:14 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message .com,
Neillw001 writes

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

I like the idea of the "personalities" for each line.

District Line?
Central Line?

To me, the Central is the Essex line, so an estuary-mouthed wideboy.

I don't have a clear mental image of the District; it's the southwest
London line, and i don't know southwest London at all well. Leafy. A bit
slow. Well spaced out. Ah - a dope-addled hippie? That would explain the
reliability of the trains ...

Hammersmith & City line?

tom

--
Buy the kind of capitalism Trotsky would have!
Old October 11th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Like "The Tube", more juvenile rubbish.

LU cries out for a serious flt-on-the-wall series, imagine the camera
sitting in on board meeeting during the current Northern Line fiasco,
or post-7/7.

Old October 11th 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

I think you miss the point. Thats exactly what it is - juvenile. Its for
children. It will not be on TV at prime time.

As for the rubbish buit - loks OK to me.... I bet the same comments came out
about Thomas way back......

Mal

oups.com...

Old October 12th 05, 02:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I think eavesdropping on the boardroom post-7/7 - or after any other
serious incident, would prove far more interesting than watching
individuals saying "can you feel the mind??" on station PA, or telling
the camera they're about to "sweat their ******** off" ticket-checking
at Hyde Park Corner (and then let evaders off in full view). Also a lot
less vouyeristic than the average "blues & twos" type documentry.