Old October 15th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default HeathrowExpress and Connect on a Travelcard

In news:1129411698.19191427e408f870301fd1e25f71de42@t eranews,
Nicholas typed:

Also are Young Persons Railcard discounted All Zone Day Travelcards
accepted on Heathrow Express during these weekends? I presume they are
since the publicity only refers to Student and New Deal discounts not
being valid.

I travelled on a Network Card-discounted all-zones ODTC with no
difficulty.

--
Bob

Old October 24th 05, 04:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Just to be awkward the Connect services were only going from Heathrow
to Hayes over the weekend. There were a lot of pi$$ed off tourists with
heavy luggage having to change to FGWL Thames trains at Hayes!! But
I've never seen the Connect services so full. Normally they do the
Hayes to/from Heathrow section all but empty (not surprisingly bearing
in mind the cost). CJB.

Old October 24th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

CJB wrote:
Just to be awkward the Connect services were only going from Heathrow
to Hayes over the weekend. There were a lot of pi$$ed off tourists with
heavy luggage having to change to FGWL Thames trains at Hayes!! But
I've never seen the Connect services so full. Normally they do the
Hayes to/from Heathrow section all but empty (not surprisingly bearing
in mind the cost). CJB.

If FGWL were still running what sort of works were going on, overhead
wire works?

Old October 24th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Bob Wood
writes
In news:1129411698.19191427e408f870301fd1e25f71de42@t eranews,
Nicholas typed:

Also are Young Persons Railcard discounted All Zone Day Travelcards
accepted on Heathrow Express during these weekends? I presume they are
since the publicity only refers to Student and New Deal discounts not
being valid.

I travelled on a Network Card-discounted all-zones ODTC with no
difficulty.

Having a freedom pass, I travelled on both Heathrow Express and Connect
on 16th October. But at no point was my pass checked (except at the
barrier at Ealing Broadway).
--
Thoss
Old October 24th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

CJB wrote:
Just to be awkward the Connect services were only going from
Heathrow to Hayes over the weekend. There were a lot of pi$$ed
off tourists with heavy luggage having to change to FGWL
Thames trains at Hayes!! But I've never seen the Connect
services so full. Normally they do the Hayes to/from Heathrow
section all but empty (not surprisingly bearing in mind the
cost). CJB.

Since you say "just to be awkward", I assume no reasonable excuse was
offered. What announcement was given at Hayes? Did you find out what
the real reason was? Did you send a complaint to Heathrow Connect (or
to LU if you relied on their publicity and used a Travelcard on HC)?
Heathrow Connect are appalling at customer service in my experience, and
should not be allowed to get away with their cavalier approach to
running a service.
--
Richard J.

Old October 24th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote:
Just to be awkward the Connect services were only going from
Heathrow to Hayes over the weekend. There were a lot of pi$$ed
off tourists with heavy luggage having to change to FGWL
Thames trains at Hayes!! But I've never seen the Connect
services so full. Normally they do the Hayes to/from Heathrow
section all but empty (not surprisingly bearing in mind the
cost). CJB.

Since you say "just to be awkward", I assume no reasonable excuse was
offered. What announcement was given at Hayes? Did you find out what
the real reason was? Did you send a complaint to Heathrow Connect (or

Well this Saturday afternoon they were running all the way into
Paddington.

Adam

Old October 24th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Big Dave" wrote in
ups.com:

CJB wrote:
Just to be awkward the Connect services were only going from Heathrow
to Hayes over the weekend. There were a lot of pi$$ed off tourists with
heavy luggage having to change to FGWL Thames trains at Hayes!! But
I've never seen the Connect services so full. Normally they do the
Hayes to/from Heathrow section all but empty (not surprisingly bearing
in mind the cost). CJB.

If FGWL were still running what sort of works were going on, overhead
wire works?

Not sure about Saturday but the relief lines were blocked from Southall
inwards on the Sunday until about 16:00. Connect running hourly to
Paddington plus an hourly Heathrow T123-Hayes short which appeared to be
turning round on the up relief line.

Whatever work was going on wasn't obvious to the naked eye.