Old October 23rd 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Burnt Oak today

Arrived at 14:45. I have a Disabled Person's Freedom Pass, partner has
PrePay Oyster which needed topping up soon.

Quickfare machine: Closed
Large ticket machine: Closed

Ticket Office: Closed

All three gates are locked open and display a red X No entry.

Partner cannot top up Oyster.

Had to 'Touch In' on validator by buggy gate, which is none too obvious.

I am unimpressed!

It would have been far too easy for him to have an Incomplete Journey
(or rather, you really have to *know* where and how to Touch in and
Touch Out.

Can't TfL make it easier?

At about 19.30, I entered Golders Green for my return jouney. Some poor
chap was arguing with ticket staff there that he couldn't get a ticket
for his journey. I wondered whether he'd com from Burnt Oak. I hope he
wasn't PFed...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old October 23rd 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi

Nothing unseal this has happened to me many times from Latimer road or
Olympia really annoying and waste so much time explaining whets the
problem!!

Old October 25th 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fraser Robertson" typed

Hi

Nothing unseal this has happened to me many times from Latimer road or
Olympia really annoying and waste so much time explaining whets the
problem!!

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
Arrived at 14:45. I have a Disabled Person's Freedom Pass, partner has
PrePay Oyster which needed topping up soon.

Quickfare machine: Closed
Large ticket machine: Closed

Ticket Office: Closed

All three gates are locked open and display a red X No entry.

Now I read there are proposals to increase the Penalty Fare to £50!

It's not an issue for me; it probably won't be an issue for my partner,
but I fear for those who can easily fail to validate an Oyster PrePay
when stations are left all but unstaffed.

If nothing else, open ticket barriers should allow passengers to
validate their Oyster cards.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 1st 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

[...]

If gates are locked open then they should have the Oyster readers left
enabled. I'd urge anyone who uses a station that doesn't follow this
practice to contact London Underground - a relatively easy and
pain-free way is via the online feedback form on their website at:
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/contacts/form.asp

The LU customer service centre do follow up things like this, and so
they should! Touching in and out should be as easy and as intuitive as
possible.