Old January 5th 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Zone 6 conquers ten further Southern stations

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
I've seen a poster at a Southern station, which has been there at least
a week, that states that from 2 January 2006, when new fares are
introduced, the London's Zone 6 will be extended to include the
following stations to the south of Croydon and Sutton:

Banstead and Epsom Downs
Chipstead, Kingswood, Tadworth and Tattenham Corner

One of the side effects is that a Travelcard holder can now go for a walk on
Epsom Downs and go between the two terminuses.

And for those that don't have a period Travelcard such an outing is
still possible for those south of the river with the purchase of the
somewhat underrated Zone 2-6 Day Travelcard, which now costs £4.30.

I don't think I've been walking down that way, so I may check it out
one sunday.

Old January 19th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for this info.
I've offered wanted to explore this area, but short or getting two singles
at great expenses there didn't seem to be a way.

I shall splash out on a 'doughnut' 2-6 travelcard.

Robert