Old December 2nd 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR City Airport branch

The DLR branch from Canning Town to London City Airport (and on to King
George V) opened to the public at about 1700 this afternoon. This is almost
two weeks earlier than the previously advertised (and presumably
contractual) opening date of December 15.

Unfortunately, when I reached the DLR at about 1900, the entire system was
seriously disrupted, as a result of a computer failure. Hopefully, the two
events were unrelated.....

MG

Old December 2nd 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:59:50 GMT, "MetroGnome"
wrote:

The DLR branch from Canning Town to London City Airport (and on to King
George V) opened to the public at about 1700 this afternoon. This is almost
two weeks earlier than the previously advertised (and presumably
contractual) opening date of December 15.

Unfortunately, when I reached the DLR at about 1900, the entire system was
seriously disrupted, as a result of a computer failure. Hopefully, the two
events were unrelated.....

MG

Thanks to the computer failure, I was riding on a bit of rare DLR
track travelling from Canning Town to King George V. We used the
facing crossover at Pontoon Dock and ran wrong line all the way from
Pontoon Dock to KGV.

Al Holmes
Old December 2nd 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Al Holmes wrote:
Thanks to the computer failure, I was riding on a bit of rare DLR
track travelling from Canning Town to King George V. We used the
facing crossover at Pontoon Dock and ran wrong line all the way from
Pontoon Dock to KGV.

Here's to hoping that the computer craps out again tomorrow, letting
all of the track bashers reading this newsgroup cane in some rare track
on top of a freshly opened branch ;-)

Old December 3rd 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , MetroGnome
writes

Unfortunately, when I reached the DLR at about 1900, the entire system was
seriously disrupted, as a result of a computer failure. Hopefully, the two
events were unrelated.....

I'm surprised you didn't call for that offered coffee after all then!!

Was all working fine at 0900 this morning when I took my ride.
Old December 4th 05, 08:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Al Holmes
writes
Thanks to the computer failure, I was riding on a bit of rare DLR
track travelling from Canning Town to King George V.

It's intriguing to see the term "rare track" used on a line that had
only opened the same day.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old December 5th 05, 12:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message

Was all working fine at 0900 this morning when I took my ride.

AAMOI, did it stop working in the afternoon?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 7th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
news
In article , Al Holmes
writes
Thanks to the computer failure, I was riding on a bit of rare DLR
track travelling from Canning Town to King George V.

It's intriguing to see the term "rare track" used on a line that had only
opened the same day.

Very rare at that point then!!