Old November 4th 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR City Airport Extension

Does anyone know what the opening date for the new DLR extension is
yet? Im looking forward to taking my kids to Thames Barrier Park on it.

Rob Smith

Old November 4th 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

ROBSM wrote:
Does anyone know what the opening date for the new DLR extension is
yet? Im looking forward to taking my kids to Thames Barrier Park on it.

Rob Smith

Dave Arquati thinks the opening date is 16 December 2005, but I
wouldn't be surprised if it opened a few days early, or even a few
weeks early!

Old November 4th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dave Arquati thinks the opening date is 16
December 2005, but I wouldn't be surprised if it
opened a few days early, or even a few weeks early!

According to http://www.londonbusroutes.net/changes.htm , the 69 is being
cut short to Canning Town on the 17th December, so they must be fairly
confident the line will be open by then.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 5th 05, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4 Nov 2005 01:22:10 -0800, "ROBSM" wrote:

Does anyone know what the opening date for the new DLR extension is
yet? Im looking forward to taking my kids to Thames Barrier Park on it.

Rob Smith

The date I'd heard was Thursday 15th December, however a new timetable
will be launched in Friday 18th November - presumably this will be the
timetable that includes running to LCY. My guess is that from 18 Nov
trains will run empty between Canning Town and King George V, with
passenger service introduced mid-December.

When the Lewisham extension opened, passenger running was introduced
without fanfare mid-morning on a Saturday. The press & VIP opening
was two days later.

Al Holmes
Old November 5th 05, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"ROBSM" wrote in message
ups.com...

Does anyone know what the opening date for the new DLR extension is
yet? Im looking forward to taking my kids to Thames Barrier Park on it.

On the basis that Bank is probably a convenient station for most people to
change to the DLR, it looks like a hell of a schlep to get to LCA. I think
I'll still avoid it, and use Gatwick or Heathrow.

Ian

Old November 5th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Ian F.
writes

On the basis that Bank is probably a convenient station for most people to
change to the DLR, it looks like a hell of a schlep to get to LCA.

Why? The direct service is 22 minutes (no changing).

I think I'll still avoid it, and use Gatwick or Heathrow.

You can get from Bank to Gatwick or Heathrow in less than 22 minutes?
boggle

--
Paul Terry
Old November 5th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com, ROBSM
writes

Does anyone know what the opening date for the new DLR extension is
yet?

15th December, according to the London City Airport website.

--
Paul Terry
Old November 5th 05, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

On the basis that Bank is probably a convenient station for most people to
change to the DLR, it looks like a hell of a schlep to get to LCA.

Why? The direct service is 22 minutes (no changing).

I think I'll still avoid it, and use Gatwick or Heathrow.

You can get from Bank to Gatwick or Heathrow in less than 22 minutes? boggle

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

Old November 5th 05, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

Why? The direct service is 22 minutes (no changing).

It doesn't seem on the map http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/pdf/network/zones.pdf
as though there is a direct service. If so, that makes a difference, yes.

You can get from Bank to Gatwick or Heathrow in less than 22 minutes?
boggle

Heh! No, but it would take me 30 mins to get to Bank and then another,
allegedly, 22 to get to LC. I can get to Gatwick by overground train in
about 30 minutes.

Ian

Old November 5th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"TKD" wrote in message

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

I like airports. I find LCY a tad dull.

Ian