Old December 31st 05, 01:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Peter Hendy-Bendy, C.B.E.

So, I wonder which ghastly dehumanised moron made the recommendation to
his friend Tone' that the Routemaster's executioner should be thus
honoured today?

Marc.

Old December 31st 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . 170,
Adrian writes
) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

So, I wonder which ghastly dehumanised moron made the recommendation to
his friend Tone' that the Routemaster's executioner should be thus
honoured today?

CBE = Commission from Bendis Earned?

ROFLOL! :-))

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old December 31st 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian, Brilliant!

Marc.

Old January 1st 06, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CBE = Commission from Bendis Earned?

More like right-on brownie points for Ken from his friends in the
Disability Rights
Commission.

B2003

Old January 2nd 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 31 Dec 2005 15:44:45 GMT, Adrian wrote:

) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

So, I wonder which ghastly dehumanised moron made the recommendation to
his friend Tone' that the Routemaster's executioner should be thus
honoured today?

CBE = Commission from Bendis Earned?

Actually, Peter along with Tim O'Toole led the responses to 7/7 on
behalf of TfL:

Why don't you bother to check your facts?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old January 2nd 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robert Woolley ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

So, I wonder which ghastly dehumanised moron made the recommendation
to his friend Tone' that the Routemaster's executioner should be
thus honoured today?

CBE = Commission from Bendis Earned?

Actually, Peter along with Tim O'Toole led the responses to 7/7 on
behalf of TfL:

Why don't you bother to check your facts?

Do forgive me. I didn't realise that signing off a press release or two
with your name on the bottom was enough to earn a CBE these days.
Old January 2nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
Robert Woolley ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

So, I wonder which ghastly dehumanised moron made the
recommendation to his friend Tone' that the Routemaster's
executioner should be thus honoured today?

CBE = Commission from Bendis Earned?

Actually, Peter along with Tim O'Toole led the responses to 7/7 on
behalf of TfL:

Why don't you bother to check your facts?

Do forgive me. I didn't realise that signing off a press release or
two with your name on the bottom was enough to earn a CBE these
days.

Your attempt to make cheap jokes out of the 7/7 events, which put
tremendous pressure on the management of London Underground and London
Buses, is unwarranted. By all means criticise the honours system, but
not in a way which belittles the very real achievements of these
managers and their staff on that awful day.
--
Richard J.

Old January 2nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Do forgive me. I didn't realise that signing off a press release or
two with your name on the bottom was enough to earn a CBE these
days.

Your attempt to make cheap jokes out of the 7/7 events, which put
tremendous pressure on the management of London Underground and London
Buses, is unwarranted. By all means criticise the honours system, but
not in a way which belittles the very real achievements of these
managers and their staff on that awful day.

I'm not making light of it in the slightest. If you think about what I
said, it's the claim that he earned his CBE on 7/7 that is belittling those
whose contributions were not honoured.

Can you provide one iota of evidence of HendyBus actually getting his suit
dirty in the aftermath of the explosions to help those injured and
stranded? Of running through tunnels in the dark towards the screams of the
dying, not knowing if there's another bomb about to go off?

His job isn't (or shouldn't be) day-to-day operations, it is (or should be)
the high-level strategy and future planning. Which should not come in to
play on a day like 7/7.

If he's directing the operations personally, then his job of advanced
planning has failed dismally - and almost certainly he'd be hindering the
work of getting the network up again by stopping those with a far better
clue of what needs doing from doing their job.

I have absolutely no doubt that plenty of people - LU, emergency services
and just passers-by - did a superb job on that day with little regard for
their own safety. I severely doubt he was personally high on the list.
Old January 2nd 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:35:22 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Adrian wrote:
[...]

The press briefing for Number 10 concerning the honours list is he

http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/Page8851.asp

- worth noting that many front line staff are honoured.

- also worth noting that restoring services after what happened was a
major piece of work (but then, if you're obsessed with Routemasters to
the exclusion of all else why should that matter?)

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk