Old January 2nd 06, 12:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Years Eve - Thank You!

Robin Mayes wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total did you earn?

No extra money.

But, the papers said some people got £200, another poster said "double
time", you say nothing, and everyone else is being coy !!

Old January 2nd 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Jan 2006 17:58:58 -0800, "
wrote:

Robin Mayes wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total did you earn?

No extra money.

But, the papers said some people got £200, another poster said "double
time", you say nothing, and everyone else is being coy !!

No, another poster said, they _thought_ it was double-time, "which is
fair enough," although they'd never done it themself. In any case,
what's the problem with that? My flatmate is a bouncer - Whoops!
Sorry, "Door Supervisor" - and she got double-time for doing Xmas Eve
and NYE.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/
Old January 2nd 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message .com,
writes
Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total did you earn?

Sorry, are you talking to anyone in particular?

You and other posters.
I was wondering how much you got paid for that shift that ended at 4am.
The total amount, ordinary pay plus bonuses.

Old January 2nd 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Cooper wrote:
On 1 Jan 2006 17:58:58 -0800, "
wrote:

Robin Mayes wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Did you get any extra money for working that shift? If so, how much in
total did you earn?

No extra money.

But, the papers said some people got £200, another poster said "double
time", you say nothing, and everyone else is being coy !!

No, another poster said, they _thought_ it was double-time, "which is
fair enough," although they'd never done it themself. In any case,
what's the problem with that? My flatmate is a bouncer - Whoops!
Sorry, "Door Supervisor" - and she got double-time for doing Xmas Eve
and NYE.
--
Nick Cooper

Well, if they thought it was double-time that's a guess and not really
answering how much was earned, though I do appreciate the reply. Of
course, it must depend on how much your wage is initially, but to get
to an actual figure of double time, if indeed it was that, that basic
figure needs to be known.

Old January 2nd 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
RWW RWW is offline

Well, if they thought it was double-time that's a guess and not really
answering how much was earned, though I do appreciate the reply. Of
course, it must depend on how much your wage is initially, but to get
to an actual figure of double time, if indeed it was that, that basic
figure needs to be known.

It's common knowledge that train drivers earn £35K pa. We average 36
hours p.w. My takehome pay is just over £1900 after NI, tax and
pension deductions. Working through the night on New Year's Eve is not
part of our contractual requirements so every year volunteers are asked
for and not surprisingly LUL offer some incentive for this (which I
think is double time - someone correct me if I'm wrong). I have been
rostered to work the last 2 New Years Eves anyway (finishing at about 1
am last year) and I won't get any extra payment (just as we don't get
paid extra for working other public holidays). The extra payment is
just for those working at the time the Underground would normally be
closed. And the exact amount will depend on how long each driver's duty
is (that will vary)

If the point of the question was "Why should we thank train drivers
working through New Year's Eve when they're being paid extra for it?"
then fair enough. But if people are polite enough to thank us for doing
a good job we'll say "You're welcome"!!!

Richard