Old February 11th 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground Chocolate Machines

I know they can be a bit of a lottery (half the fun really!) but I like the
fact you can pick up an emergency chocolate dosage at a tube station (not
Victoria Line at Victoria though for some reason) if I need one.

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single chocolate
machine I saw at every station I either changed at or passed through (at
least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it was out of order.

Has the chocolate machine equivilent of the RMT declared a strike or is
their a more sinister reason?

Regards
John M Upton

Old February 11th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

JMUpton2000 wrote:
I know they can be a bit of a lottery (half the fun really!) but I like the
fact you can pick up an emergency chocolate dosage at a tube station (not
Victoria Line at Victoria though for some reason) if I need one.

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single chocolate
machine I saw at every station I either changed at or passed through (at
least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it was out of order.

Has the chocolate machine equivilent of the RMT declared a strike or is
their a more sinister reason?

Regards
John M Upton

I haven't used one for years, because they are a double scam. Firstly,
they take your money and don't provide chocolate. Secondly, all you
can do when that happens is phone the number written on them, which
charges you for waiting in a queue but isn't answered.

Chocolate machines: DON'T DO IT.

Old February 12th 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:

I haven't used one for years, because they are a double scam. Firstly,
they take your money and don't provide chocolate. Secondly, all you
can do when that happens is phone the number written on them, which
charges you for waiting in a queue but isn't answered.

The one time I bothered to claim I did it by email and got a micro cheque
back very quickly.

Old February 12th 06, 12:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

JMUpton2000 wrote:

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single chocolate
machine I saw at every station I either changed at or passed through (at
least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it was out of order.

I was wondering about that too. All the ones I saw on the Pic,
Northern and District lines were off too. They all have the exact
same printed message on them

Old February 12th 06, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Chocs away ? (was Underground Chocolate Machines)

Chris! wrote:
JMUpton2000 wrote:

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single
chocolate machine I saw at every station I either changed at or
passed through (at least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it
was out of order.

I was wondering about that too. All the ones I saw on the Pic,
Northern and District lines were off too. They all have the exact
same printed message on them

Although I obviously don't know more than anybody else here, I wonder if the
current 'problem' is the need to reprogramme the vending machines to deal
with either a price change or the widespread use of inappropriate coins (or
valueless tokens).

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels, where AFAIK chocs are still available in métro
stations)

Old February 12th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alan \(in Brussels\)" typed

the widespread use of inappropriate coins (or
valueless tokens).

Is that what you call the Euro ;-)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old February 12th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , "Alan (in Brussels)"
writes
- Alan (in Brussels, where AFAIK chocs are still available in métro
stations)

I can't remember seeing them in the Brussels metro (although I can't
remember when I last used the true metro there, I reasonably often have
cause to use the Pre-Metro).

Tell me, are they especially high quality chocolates?! :-)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old February 13th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"Alan \(in Brussels\)" typed

the widespread use of inappropriate coins (or
valueless tokens).

Is that what you call the Euro ;-)

On the contrary, the fact that the chocolate vending machines in the metro
here are still working fine (typically with a big Kit-kat advertisement on
the front) indicates that the use of Euros is fully satisfactory.

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old February 13th 06, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ews.net,
JMUpton2000 securitynovels @ freeuk.com wrote:
I know they can be a bit of a lottery (half the fun really!) but I like the
fact you can pick up an emergency chocolate dosage at a tube station (not
Victoria Line at Victoria though for some reason) if I need one.

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single chocolate
machine I saw at every station I either changed at or passed through (at
least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it was out of order.

The maintenance crew is probably just catching up on a 30 year backlog ...

Nick
--
So when is Tony Blair going to start treating *us* with respect ?
Old February 13th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"JMUpton2000" securitynovels @ freeuk.com wrote in message
reenews.net...
I know they can be a bit of a lottery (half the fun really!) but I like the
fact you can pick up an emergency chocolate dosage at a tube station (not
Victoria Line at Victoria though for some reason) if I need one.

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single chocolate
machine I saw at every station I either changed at or passed through (at
least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it was out of order.

Has the chocolate machine equivilent of the RMT declared a strike or is
their a more sinister reason?

Regards
John M Upton

Close - in another thread it has been reported:

'The chocolate machines have been turned off as one machine was not only
dispensing them, but cooking them at the same time, so LU decided to
reduce the risk of a fire and turn them off.'

If LU hadn't turned them off you can presume there would have been a major
'safety issue' and we know what happens then..

Paul