Old February 20th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
C C is offline

Default Jubilee to East Dulwich

I had 'Homes under the hammer' on the tv this morning and they were in
East Dulwich. The presenter mentioned it was up and coming and that
there was a strong rumour of the Jubilee line coming to "the village".
Anyone got any clue about this? I know there was the proposed link to
the East London line, but never the Jubilee.

Old February 20th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com, C
writes

I had 'Homes under the hammer' on the tv this morning and they were in
East Dulwich. The presenter mentioned it was up and coming and that
there was a strong rumour of the Jubilee line coming to "the village".

Eh? Its miles away. The Victoria line might be more plausible, but it
ain't gonna happen.

Anyone got any clue about this?

It's known as estate-agent speak. "There's a strong rumour that the
Channel Tunnel link will be coming to Exeter soon"

--
Paul Terry
Old February 21st 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, C wrote:

I had 'Homes under the hammer' on the tv this morning and they were in
East Dulwich. The presenter mentioned it was up and coming and that
there was a strong rumour of the Jubilee line coming to "the village".
Anyone got any clue about this? I know there was the proposed link to
the East London line, but never the Jubilee.

It's funny how these ideas get about. I have a friend who is (or rather,
was) absolutely convinced that Stoke Newington was soon to get a tube
stop.

tom

--
Human judgement is not something to be trusted in a life-or-death
situation -- Ben Jefferys
Old February 21st 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:40:02 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote:
C wrote:
I had 'Homes under the hammer' on the tv this morning and they were in
East Dulwich. The presenter mentioned it was up and coming and that
there was a strong rumour of the Jubilee line coming to "the village".
Anyone got any clue about this? I know there was the proposed link to
the East London line, but never the Jubilee.

Sounds like rubbish. The East London Line may go to Peckham Rye in phase
2, and the Bakerloo line has being trying to get to Camberwell for about
seventy years, but no-one's really interested in building anything to
Dulwich!

Indeed, it sounds like the Estate agents are just trying their luck
again, Lordship Lane is now nearly all Estate Agents and Curry Houses.

--
Martin Smith
Old February 22nd 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

It's funny how these ideas get about. I have a friend
who is (or rather, was) absolutely convinced that
Stoke Newington was soon to get a tube stop.

It's particularly funny how that idea got about...
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....06093d6bb7b6dc

Old February 22nd 06, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

It's funny how these ideas get about. I have a friend who is (or rather,
was) absolutely convinced that Stoke Newington was soon to get a tube
stop.

That's not *completely* insane: Dalston Junction ELLX station will be
pretty much in Stokey, and the service on the ELLX will be much closer
to a Tube-frequency/standard than a NLL-frequency/standard service.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old February 23rd 06, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, John B wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

It's funny how these ideas get about. I have a friend who is (or
rather, was) absolutely convinced that Stoke Newington was soon to get
a tube stop.

That's not *completely* insane: Dalston Junction ELLX station will be
pretty much in Stokey, and the service on the ELLX will be much closer
to a Tube-frequency/standard than a NLL-frequency/standard service.

The fact that the ELLX is in fact heading to the borough of Hackney does
make this story much less insane than the Jubiee to Dulwich one, but
"Dalston Junction ELLX station will be pretty much in Stokey"? Hardly!
It's no closer than Finsbury Park is already, and that's a genuine tube
station.

Unless you live in south Stoke Newington, in which case it is a lot
closer. Fair enough.

tom

--
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
Old February 23rd 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, John Rowland wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

It's funny how these ideas get about. I have a friend who is (or
rather, was) absolutely convinced that Stoke Newington was soon to get
a tube stop.

It's particularly funny how that idea got about...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....06093d6bb7b6dc

Hee! That might explain it.

tom

--
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.