Old February 27th 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Receipts for Oyster pre-pay?

It looks like I need to get an Oyster card for pre-pay but I regularly
need to produce receipts for travel. That is easy with paper tickets but
how do I do that with Oyster pre-pay? Ask Oyster doesn't have anything.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 27th 06, 06:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 02:44:33 on
Mon, 27 Feb 2006, asdf remarked:
If you ask at a tube ticket window, you can get a print-out showing
your most recent journeys, including their costs.

When I last topped up my card, I did it at a window because the queue
there was smaller than the queue for the only working Oyster-enabled
machine (hard to believe, but true). While I was there I asked for a
"printout", and got about two feet of till roll that had loads of stuff
about when I'd topped up, as well as a whole bunch of journeys.

But that's hardly good enough given that one of my clients requires
expenses in promptly, and if I'm dashing for a train home I don't want
to have to queue at the underground ticket office every time I depart
from KX/StPancras. (I'm unlikely to be back before my expenses are due
in, and even them I'm probably dashing the opposite direction).

It's better than the Nottingham equivalent of the Oyster (Easyrider
Anytime), which I don't think has any scope for a per-journey receipt.
[And can only be topped up at one location, in the City Centre].

http://www.nctx.co.uk/EasyRider/Easyrider.htm
Old February 27th 06, 06:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 03:07:32 on
Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Laurence Payne
remarked:
You can ask for a print-out at an Underground ticket office, covering
your last dozen or so journeys. I think you can request one online
too, though they post it to you.

A url for that would be useful.

Single tickets were always swallowed by the machine at the end of the
journey anyway.

Except if your journey ends at KX (and a few other places) which is
where Colin and I are likely to be exiting the system.

Old February 27th 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roland
Perry writes
In message , at 03:07:32 on
Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Laurence Payne
remarked:
You can ask for a print-out at an Underground ticket office, covering
your last dozen or so journeys. I think you can request one online
too, though they post it to you.

A url for that would be useful.

Single tickets were always swallowed by the machine at the end of the
journey anyway.

Except if your journey ends at KX (and a few other places) which is
where Colin and I are likely to be exiting the system.

That option will stop fairly soon, once the refurbished station is
completed (the only reason the ticket machines haven't retained the
tickets is to allow people to change between lines which have, until
now, required separate booking halls).

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking
Old February 27th 06, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:10:05 on Mon,
27 Feb 2006, Paul G remarked:
Single tickets were always swallowed by the machine at the end of the
journey anyway.

Except if your journey ends at KX (and a few other places) which is
where Colin and I are likely to be exiting the system.

That option will stop fairly soon, once the refurbished station is
completed

Is there a date for this? I see that the Northern ticket hall won't be
finished until 2009.

(the only reason the ticket machines haven't retained the tickets is to
allow people to change between lines which have, until now, required
separate booking halls).

Yes, I know.