Old February 28th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Receipts for Oyster pre-pay?

you can also get receipts for any purchases you make from the MFM or QBM
(the touch screen ones) but you have to press a button that states "press
for receipt". You won't get a receipt automatically.

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Laurence Payne) wrote:

Single tickets were always swallowed by the machine at the end of the
journey anyway.

I've never been refused when I've asked to keep the paper ticket as a
receipt.

Won't your accountant really accept a simple list of
journeys and fares? Have you asked him?

You could be right. He's been on holiday

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 28th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

James Farrar wrote
[...]
you jump through hoops if you try and claim without a
ticket.

At a previous workplace, a very snotty notice came round one day
saying that workers would only be reimbursed for out-of-pocket
expenses; apparently people had been travelling into work on a Z1-n
monthly/annual, then going to a client meeting across town and
claiming for 2xZ1 singles!

Hee ! Since such companies usually provide season ticket loans both the
boss who signed the expenses claim and the accounts dept should know
what type of season ticket the worker had.

A slightly more subtle idea was to use "Gold card gives a N/W card
discount" but claim for a full rate ticket.

--
Mike D

Old February 28th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote
(Michael R N Dolbear) wrote:

My local SWT station out in Surrey beyond the Travelcard area was
happy to sell me a single to Waterloo plus Underground Z1 for today

and
another single + Z1 dated 3 days later for my return trip. They

said
[...]
I would expect to buy a Saver Return to Z1 for that sort of trip from

Cambridge.

I do that to Zones 1 & 2 on occasion when I stay in Putney. With a
Network Card it's £19.15 this year compared to a Saver Return to

King's
Cross which is £16.55. That still beats the tube singles, even with
Oyster.

Yes, Savers are 50 miles and up, Network Awaybreak 35 miles and up --
those closer in don't get any return ticket offered.

--
Mike D

Old March 1st 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
It looks like I need to get an Oyster card for pre-pay but I regularly
need to produce receipts for travel. That is easy with paper tickets but
how do I do that with Oyster pre-pay? Ask Oyster doesn't have anything.

If I'm on a work trip to London, I just guess how much prepay I'm likely
to burn, and top up that amount.

So I go to the ticket machine, put a tenner in, press the receipt button
and give the receipt for a tenner to the accountant.

Tim

Old March 1st 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
That will only be a receipt for money put on the Oyster card, not for
journeys made.

If they won't accept that, then sounds like the problem is your accounts
people, and not the ticketing system.

Tim