Old May 13th 06, 02:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default PAYG and Ken on news

OK. question. I can get (I think) a CDR from Stratford to Hackney Central
and back, correct?

But can I not get a CDR from Stratford to Silvertown and back?

On the same line?

Because I can use Oyster PAYG on the latter, but not on the former.
Old May 13th 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
OK. question. I can get (I think) a CDR from Stratford to Hackney Central
and back, correct?

But can I not get a CDR from Stratford to Silvertown and back?

On the same line?

Because I can use Oyster PAYG on the latter, but not on the former.

You can't use Oyster PAYG from Stratford to Silvertown, only to Canning Town
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...06.pdf#page=12

[But you can instead go to London City Airport on the DLR.]
--
David Biddulph

Old May 13th 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Biddulph" wrote in
:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...l-fares-2006.p
df#page=12

[But you can instead go to London City Airport on the DLR.]

OK. If I can get a CDR from Stratford to Hackney Central and back, can I
not get a CDR from Stratford to Canning Town and back because PAYG can be
used on the latter?
Old May 13th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 May 2006 15:28:44 -0500, "Tristán White"
wrote:

"David Biddulph" wrote in
:

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
OK. question. I can get (I think) a CDR from Stratford to Hackney
Central and back, correct?

But can I not get a CDR from Stratford to Silvertown and back?

On the same line?

Because I can use Oyster PAYG on the latter, but not on the former.

You can't use Oyster PAYG from Stratford to Silvertown, only to
Canning Town
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...l-fares-2006.p
df#page=12

[But you can instead go to London City Airport on the DLR.]

OK. If I can get a CDR from Stratford to Hackney Central and back, can I
not get a CDR from Stratford to Canning Town and back because PAYG can be
used on the latter?

The simplest way to solve this is to ask the National Rail website. You
can get a CDR for the latter journey - £2.10 but only on Silverlink.

Standard day return is £3.
--
Paul C

Old May 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

OK. If I can get a CDR from Stratford to Hackney Central and back, can
I not get a CDR from Stratford to Canning Town and back because PAYG
can be used on the latter?

The simplest way to solve this is to ask the National Rail website.
You can get a CDR for the latter journey - £2.10 but only on
Silverlink.

Standard day return is £3.

So this proves that a CDR and PAYG *can* coexist. :-)

£2.10 CDR on Silverlink, Stratford to Canning Town and back.
or PAYG.

If both "fares" can coexist on the same line, then I don't see why the
eventual introduction of PAYG on all London NR stations would necessarily
mean that CDR would *HAVE* to disappear on these lines.