Old June 5th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Olympia ghost train

I was recently trying to get an idea of what the train service was like
from Olympia in the mornings, so I looked up some Journey Planner times
from there to St James's Park. Annoyingly, there seemed to be large gap
in the service - District trains at 0808 and 0842, but nothing in
between except for an 0817 West London line train to Clapham Jcn.

Then I went to the Timetables part of the JP to have a look at all
departures from Olympia (using the top boxes), and it gave me the same gap.

However, I was trying this all using a date in September, so I switched
to June - et voila, there is an 0825 departure. The "Tube timetable" bit
of the Timetables section (further down the page) gives the same result.

Is this 0825 departure - possibly one of the most useful of all the
morning departures - being cancelled?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old June 5th 06, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
I was recently trying to get an idea of what the train service was like
from Olympia in the mornings, so I looked up some Journey Planner times
from there to St James's Park. Annoyingly, there seemed to be large gap
in the service - District trains at 0808 and 0842, but nothing in
between except for an 0817 West London line train to Clapham Jcn.

Then I went to the Timetables part of the JP to have a look at all
departures from Olympia (using the top boxes), and it gave me the same gap.

However, I was trying this all using a date in September, so I switched
to June - et voila, there is an 0825 departure. The "Tube timetable" bit
of the Timetables section (further down the page) gives the same result.

Is this 0825 departure - possibly one of the most useful of all the
morning departures - being cancelled?

Sorry for answering my own question, but I should have run a search first...

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/...nt.php?id=2224

Looks like several AM peak Olympia services are being withdrawn in order
to provide an additional crowd-buster Wimbledon - HSK service.

The alternative for Olympia passengers looks like taking the earlier
0817 WLL service to West Brompton and continuing from there
(unfortunately for them, probably on their "stolen" train!).

LU basically say that there's no alternative for now; services will be
restored and improved once (1) the new WLL station at Shepherd's Bush
opens (providing an alternative route into central London from Olympia)
and WLL services are increased and (2) the new subsurface stock and
timetable come into operation from 2011-ish.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old June 5th 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
[...]

Why not walk to West Ken instead, oh sorry for swearing