Old June 26th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Which line is most interesting?

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:

If, when visiting London as a tourist in August, I should like to ride
one of the underground lines in its entirety, which line and branch would
you suggest, and why?

The Victoria Line - it's the shortest!

And by any almost any criteria, the least interesting to travel, being
entirely underground, built at pretty much the same time, and with no
disused stations on it.

For my money, it would have to be one with both ends in the sticks, so you
can get a feel for the huge size of the whole thing; the Central would be
an obvious contender, as would the District. The latter is probably a lot
more interesting to look at, due to being subsurface rather than deep
tube.

Upminster to Ealing B would be a reasonably interesting journey, although
Cockfosters to Uxbridge would probably be the overall winner for my money.

BTN

Old June 26th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
Oops, forgot that one. I'm going to claim it's not a proper underground
line, though - just a railway that happens to be in a tunnel in some
parts.

So your choices are the drain (when it's open) and the Victoria?

[runs away]

You can't hide. *mwhahahahahahah!*

--
I don't play The Game - it's for five-year-olds with delusions of adulthood.

Old June 26th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:

Oops, forgot that one. I'm going to claim it's not a proper underground
line, though - just a railway that happens to be in a tunnel in some
parts.

So your choices are the drain (when it's open) and the Victoria?

Oh, no, not at all - most of the other lines are proper underground lines
that just happen to be on the surface in some parts.

[runs away]

You can't hide. *mwhahahahahahah!*

No, but due to my powers of sophistry, i *can* conceal myself!

tom

--
Why did one straw break the camel's back? Here's the secret: the million
other straws underneath it - it's all mathematics. -- Mos Def
Old June 27th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Jun 2006 01:58:48 -0700, "MIG"
wrote:

You get a good view of the only interesting bit of the Victoria Line
from a One (bah) train past Northumberland Park.

Far better to leap off the Vic Line at Tottenham Hale and catch the
frequent 192 bus which goes along the main road adjacent to the depot.
As the road rises up considerably at this point to get over the main
line you do get quite a good view of the depot layout and also a view of
the eastern side of the depot and obviously the trains in daylight.
--
Paul C

Old July 23rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Speaking of interesting bits, there is currently (as of this weekend)
a Piccadilly line car (at least that looks like the profile) sitting
in the yard at Northfields totally covered in Blue Wrap. It is (or
was as of Saturday) on one the yard tracks closest to the travel
tracks. Anyone know what the story is with that? Thanks.

Old July 24th 06, 03:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard Kovalcik wrote:
Speaking of interesting bits, there is currently (as of this weekend)
a Piccadilly line car (at least that looks like the profile) sitting
in the yard at Northfields totally covered in Blue Wrap. It is (or
was as of Saturday) on one the yard tracks closest to the travel
tracks. Anyone know what the story is with that? Thanks.

Presumably one of the undamaged cars from the set that was involved in
the 7/7 attacks?

Old July 24th 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes, although not entirely undamaged - see http://snipurl.com/tp4t

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old July 24th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Presumably one of the undamaged cars from the set that was involved in
the 7/7 attacks?

Yes, although not entirely undamaged - see http://snipurl.com/tp4t

Thanks for that, John. However - if the tarpaulin-covered vehicle is
566, I'm very surprised that it hasn't been moved to somewhere more
secure (in case any more forensic bods wish to crawl over it again), or
at least hidden out of view, as I would expect LU/TPTB to do with
vehicles such as this.

Cheers

Old January 1st 07, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
C C is offline

"M J Forbes" wrote in message
oups.com...
Presumably one of the undamaged cars from the set that was involved in
the 7/7 attacks?

Yes, although not entirely undamaged - see http://snipurl.com/tp4t

Thanks for that, John. However - if the tarpaulin-covered vehicle is
566, I'm very surprised that it hasn't been moved to somewhere more
secure (in case any more forensic bods wish to crawl over it again), or
at least hidden out of view, as I would expect LU/TPTB to do with
vehicles such as this.

Cheers

What do you mean by most interesting?